1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Last Saturday, visited Ramkay for detailed trouble shooting. It took almost a day to confirm that the sensor is not working.

First diagnosis was, the sensor was not fitted close enough to the wind screen so it is not detecting the rain properly. They corrected that and tested again and still not working :(

Finally by 4.00 PM they confirmed that there is a problem with the sensor. They have communicated the same to FIAT India for a resolution. The service manager updated me that she will get back to me by mid of this week once she receives a confirmation from FIAT on the resolution for this problem.

She said it will be covered under warranty and didn't bill anything to me for the whole days effort :)
  2. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Update: I'm trying to get the broken part cast using brass/bronze. Hunt is on for mobile small scale idol makers. Hope it works.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  3. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    Last week the "airbag ECU" was replaced under warranty. The cost of part is around 8K. It took 9 days to get this done after I reported the problem to 'Vecto motors'. I hope 'Fiat service' provides faster solutions. Thanks a lot for TeamFiat's support and guidance.
  4. naruf1

naruf1 Amatore

Namma Bengaluru
    Hi,

Got a new replacement CD player along with CD key code from Pandit auto, had been bit long wait though, overall satisfied with the service. ::T

Had to take the vehicle to Pandit auto for the service engineer to click pictures of the CD player and report the issue to Fiat.

Believe, they have two options to replace the CD player, either from the manufacture (Delphi in my case) or if they have stock at the Fiat factory.
    In my case they had stock at the factory.

Once, they recieve the player the same was replaced at my residence. So :up again.

pvgeorge, in case you are not getting good response from your dealer, i would suggest you to write to service.india@fiat.com and they will definitely call you back and get the issue resolved in the best possible way.
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
  5. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Im OT,how true are these

I just remembered the Die Hard movie 4, in which the BMW engine starts with the help of BMW helpline !
    And also found a discussion topic on the same.. For those who have seen Die Hard 4 - Bimmerfest - BMW Forums

Also there were rumor about cell phone assisting in Unlocking the door remotely, that is if you forgot the keys inside the car or misplaced it, and someone who has a spare remote of the car can call you on your mobile, press the unlock and the door gets unlocked, Has anyone tried this ?
  6. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    The issue got resolved now. Ramkay has requested me to come to the service center on Saturday. I reached there and Sukanya explained that they have got the resolution. The sensor was a bit misplaced which was creating the problem.

They have corrected the problem in half an hour and asked me to verify. They were spraying water on to the windscreen using the high pressure water jet that is used for water service. I have tested it with different sensitivity levels and it was working.

As a compliment they have done a water wash and interior vaccuming on my car :D.

It was raining in Chennai and I have tested it in the real raining conditions as well. It seems to be working (though a bit erratic).
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2013
    3 people like this.
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Reminded of the "Concorde" days in Bangalore. After each and every visit there, the car never went out of the SC without a complimentary wash.
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Was that the case with every single car that came to the SC, or was it for a select few, based on relationship? Why I ask is, whenever I visit the showroom (Yes, the SHOWROOM and not the SC), where I took delivery of my car, I get offered a complimentary wash. They have a small washing facility in the back, where new cars meant for delivery are handled.

Rajan
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I was referring to the one at Diary circle, which had both showroom and service center in the same building. I am not sure whether the wash was relationship-based. For the first two years, I never bothered to build a rapport with the SAs. In fact, I never had to talk to the higher people there. It was in the third year or so, following a break down and delay in parts availability, that I escalated to FIAT and rapport was forced on us. :)
    But all the three years, my car always got a wash, free of cost. Once, when I asked about this, they said "wash is complementary for each car that comes for service, be it TATA or FIAT. And, yes, I bought my car from Concorde.

We are going OT :)
    1 person likes this.
  10. rpm19050

rpm19050

Delhi
    it helps business if cars leave your workshop spanking clean.

in comparison: tuli motors delhi doesnt have any wash facility.