1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    The current crop of FIATs have a independent modules / control units for

1. Engine
    2. ABS
    3. Airbags
    4. Dashboard
    5. Body
    6. Climate Control

But I find it very hard to believe that any of these modules can go kaput easily. After all, they are modules with solid state electronics.

Rajan
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Do you mean the 2013 models have this feature or this would be the case for the 2012 models?

This also raises the question on the QA/QC of the Fiat cars.
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    All Puntos and Lineas ever introduced in India have these, based on equipment provided.

Rajan
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2013
  4. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    THank you all for your comments and discussion here. At the moment Iam bit disappointed to see my new car going thru such issues.
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Yesterday, sent an email to FIAT service. Received a call from Ramkay FIAT today morning.

Went there in the afternoon. They have tested and found that the rain sensor is not working. Since it is Diwali the technician was not available today; and they requested me to come next week for detailed checkup and resolution :).

I reported another problem ( a noise coming from the front suspension while turning ) and they rectified it in 5 minutes :-D

Overall nice experience.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Check the sensitivity level and change it to max and try again. Even then if it is not working, Go to the nearest Service Center and explain the problem. I believe this will be covered under the warranty.

I have done the same thing today and they confirmed that the sensor has some problem.
    1 person likes this.
  6. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Rain Sensing Wiper not working...

Wonder how they would change the sensors? Is it detachable without doing anything to the windshield or IRVM?
  7. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    It seems to be a two piece assembly, I think it can be detached. Repairing/replacing is not possible with out detaching it.

- - - Merged Post - - -

It seems to be a two piece assembly, I think it can be detached. Repairing/replacing is not possible with out detaching it.
  8. @bsrej - Thanks for the information.But has to wait till next service.
  9. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    Completely OT question. Can I get these rain sensing wipers installed on my 2011 Punto???
  10. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Trivandrum
    same problem face by me too.. Any solution other than replacement. Yet to take the car to service center