1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Driver Side Power Window not working

Update : the same problem has come up again. I am going to Pandit now

+ BUB messed up with my right front door. Its making a horrible khat khat khat noise.
  2. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

:A :cry:
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

These are precisely the issues I talked about in "Fiat India Sales" topic that many a times issues are created by TASC itself. It was just a case of changing the motor, why to mess it up in first place? Now you've an irritated customer, additional work, may be additional cost as its under warranty. Another QC issue as well?
  4. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Motor replacement fixed this issue with my dad's innova recently
  5. jimmy

jimmy

Bangalore

Hi all,

I used to face the same issue with fiat palio and was after the Fiat Service Center to rectify the same. Fed up with the response, I thought of checking it myself. I opened the power windows switch panel and found that the contact inside the panel is very feable, and it is broken as well. I solder it myself and was working fine. I repeated the process until I got the switch panel replaced. So this topic can be added to the DIY topic.
  6. Andy

Andy Esperto

Chembur Mumbai
    Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.3

Guys this normally happens due to rain water entering the door panel... Well Amogh, its sad dat after replacing the motor also u r facing this issue... Kindly get off their happiness and u'd get your solution for sure..
  7. jimmy

jimmy

Bangalore

The problem stated in this topic could be the same but i am not sure about the. Even if i have updated to GP now, i have not faced the issue yet. Becasue it is stated that the problem persists after changing the stepper motor, probably you can check the power windows switch.
  8. arulvr

arulvr Amatore

Bangalore
    Door Lock ~ Ignition

People:

I'm trying to understand the ignition locking scenario. I own a Emotion Pack and have trouble particularly with one scenario. If I fail to lock the door for some time and I insert the key it wont budge an inch. (I'm aware of the steering lock) It needs some combination of on/off on the key and open/close the door for some time. I got into this situation a couple of times, and I had to do the above steps for quite some time. Got into the same situation yesterday night while I parked the car in front of my colleague's house and were just in front of it and after few minutes, the key wont turn. While, I can get out of this situation, it looks really funny on me trying to open/close and play with the key for a while to ignite the engine.

If I can understand the mechanism behind the same and the right steps to do, that would help. While my friend was laughing at me, I just told, its "security dude" :)

Many Thanks !
    Arul
  9. Re: Door Lock !

Ha. Is that a feature? I encountered a similar situation but only once ( and that too yday !!!). In my case I just took out the key and inserted it again.
  10. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Door Lock ~ Ignition

Though i never faced this kind of issue, i would like to test.
    What you meant by fail to lock the door for sometime? Is it mean just keep the door open for few minutes without key inserted to ignition hole?