1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Disconnect the battery and reconnect. Check if the warning light still remains. If so, visit Fiat service centre.
  2. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Did you try using WD40? Maybe the spring might become normal from its jammed condition. If not the only alternative is to order a new one for which you will have to visit FASS to provide the codes. For cost details pls check the link.

http://www.teamfiat.co.in/fiat-oem-spares/4004-punto-desmodronic-foldable-key-replacement.html
  3. anrad73

anrad73 Amatore

Thane, India
    I too have been getting the Air Bag Failure alarm but its not so frequent...sometimes once or twice in a week...sometimes not at all. I was informed by the FIAT service team that it was due to the battery.
  4. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    @ghodlur thank u for ur reply. I did try lubricating it, but I feel the spring is damaged. I still believe the key can be split open, that's the way they assembled it in the first place right?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  5. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Based on the images i see here, there is a screw under the logo. And then it might be glued too.

You'll need some courage to open it up i guess. Maybe some beer will help ;).
    Last edited: Oct 28, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  6. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    @vj_v1 the fiat logo on my keychain had come off a few months ago. I stuck it back using fewi-kwik. As far as I can recall there weren't any screws there. I'll try prising the logo off again and have a look. Thanks. :)

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
  7. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Based on the pics seen in the link, I just checked the key. The area where the key rests in folded condition does have an arrow pointed screw which points to lock & unlock position. Maybe putting into unlock position will help you to open the case. The case IMO might be press fit. If you do manage to open the key, suggest to post some pics of the internals.
  8. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    The lock/unlock is for the battery replacement. But i am hoping sine04 was trying to pry open the casing after removing the battery :confused:
  9. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

This can be easily fixed by someone who makes Flip Keys.
    Find someone in your area to get it fixed.
  10. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Fiat Enthusiast
    I followed @vj_v1's advice and removed the Fiat logo, using small amounts of thinner to dissolve the fevi-kwik that i had previously applied to glue the logo. There is indeed a screw beneath the logo! I was overjoyed and proceed at full speed in disassembling the key. The key is a press fit that can be eased open with gentle coaxing. But the solution to my problem wasn't to be found that easily. The spring, which i had earlier suspected to be the culprit, is fine. Its the button that aids in opening and closing of the key that's gone kaput! I tried sticking the broken part, but it didn't work in solving the problem. There's a very narrow shaft through which the button traverses when we press the button. The mended piece didn't quite fit inside that shaft due to the close tolerances. I now need to replace that button or else pay through my nose to get a replacement key. Can anyone please help me source that particular part?? IMG_20131028_113417.jpg IMG_20131028_113008.jpg IMG_20131028_113424.jpg IMG_20131028_115655.jpg IMG_20131028_130011.jpg IMG_20131028_145625.jpg IMG_20131028_145705.jpg
    6 people like this.