1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I dont think Rain sensing wipers are much compatible with dusty conditions in India.The accumulated dust can damage the wiper blades if not cleant properly with water spray.
  2. rajks

rajks Amatore

Bangalore
    ^^ I normally keep the wiper control on 'OFF' position, when it starts to rain or drizzle I pull up the stick once to spray water and clean the glass to remove any dirt. After this I turn the control to Auto and I have found it very useful as it senses the intensity of rain and adjusts the speed in a very practical manner.
    1 person likes this.
  3. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    My car wiper works as it should in majority of the cases. It adjusts to the speed of the car as well, again majority of the time.
    however, I have noticed that if its drizzle outside, then at times it behaves erratic, because the sensor might miss to read the droplets and few times the wiper works in full speed....at this point i switch it off and control the wiper manually.

On highway driving this feature is a blessing and few friends who have driven the car appreciated the feature.
  4. Flywheel

Flywheel Regolare

Pune
    This is exactly the same thing that happens with my ride as well. IMD has predicted rains in Pune for the next few days so let me try out a few things and see how things work :)
    Last edited: Oct 24, 2013
  5. bsrej

bsrej Amatore

Chennai
    Chennai
    Linea T-Jet
    Good to hear that for most of you its working fine. In my case it is not working in real rain. I have tested at least 3 times in moderate to heavy raining conditions.

One question, can I get it repalced under warranty ? Just wondering whether that is covered :confused:
  6. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    'Airbag Failure' Warning light (in 2+ month old punto 90 HP)

Hi All,

Now I have new issue in my punto(90 HP). It is showing 'Airbag Failure' warning light always. Not sure what could have happened. Please provide your valuable advice.

Thanks
  7. mahen.jnk

mahen.jnk Novizio

Hyderabad
    It normally happens due to weak battery while cold cranking. Since your car is new, it may not be the case. Try getting proxy alignment if it is not resolved automatically.

-mj
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    How exactly will proxy alignment address this issue? Please elaborate.

Rajan
  9. Well I face another problem apart from above problem that when I switch on intermittent wiper after the initial sweep it does not work.
    Also my rain sensing wiper does not work even if water is sprinkled over windshield near sensor:confused:.Any suggestions what might be cause???
  10. sine04

sine04 Regolare

Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Mysore/Bangalore, Karnataka.
    Fiat Enthusiast
    Desmodronic key jammed

Has anyone tried to open their desmodronic key? By 'open' I mean breaking it apart into two pieces. My key is sort of jammed. It does not open or close smoothly. I guess the spring responsible for the folding action of the key has perished. I took the key to FASS, but the SA there said that the plastic body can't be opened but he would try to split it open, but at my risk. He seemed very unsure about his proposed action, so I did not trust my key in his hands and brought it back. I tried prising the body open but it seems to be joined by some sort of joint at the top (near the pivot of the metallic key). I searched the net too in the hope of finding some video or diy instruction set, but drew a blank. I did find a few dealing with VW keys, but they weren't of any help with punto key. Anyone with any experience or knowledge about this please help.