1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Pardon me if i have understood your words wrong, after fitting the all the door locks equipment (working ones) into the car, were they locking the doors though the warning messages were present still?

Not sure how the internal connectivity between the door locks and the MID is integrated, if the locking devices were working and locking doors, then the equipment isnt wrong but the issue was some where else. May be a connector wiring problem (censors) or some thing else.

On a side note, a 300Kms drive would be a good long drive on weekend. But please call up that FASS and check out if they have enough stocks before departing there. Also see if any TFIian living near by that FASS can help you in any way.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  2. drvivekmd

drvivekmd Timido

yeah,i think,it should be a problem with the censor only,as the devices lock and then automatically unlock immediately,and the rear door locks work,if i lock it manually using the lock knob(i dont know,how to call it?lock knob or lever?)or the child lock.i think i will have to make the 300km trip as these FASS guys here are so ignorant..thank you for ur advice zenwalker!
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Why don't you contact Fiat directly, on their phone (1800 209 5556) or email (service.India@fiat.com)?
  4. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Did they try removing the battery after replacing the good lock which they had and checked if the error message was cleared?
    99rpm website does have stock of the right rear door lock, may be you can get one and then get it reimbursed later from Fiat workshop. Costs around 4.5K.

In general the lock quality from Fiat really sucks. Have heard from many that locks replacement issues are the highest in Fiat workshops.
  5. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

I too had the same issue a month back.Doors used to unlock on their own inspite of locking with remote or the spare key.Got the driver side lock changed under waranty.Problem was temporarily solved.After a few days again doors started to lock on their own.Again had to put the car for running repairs and it was told to me that the passenger side lock was faulty too.Got that changed under warranty too.Now the problem has been completely solved!! Door open sign seems to be a sensor or ECU error.Tell them to scan the ECU for errors and clear them off.
  6. @Romeo

@Romeo Novizio

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Strange issue regarding central locking in brand new Punto.

My friend took delivery of Punto Emotion last week. He is facing a strange issue regarding door locking.

On the second day of delivery, when he was sitting in his car, he could not unlock the door from inside:sadblue. He rolled down the window and tried to unlock it from outside thinking that there might be some issue with inner locks. But in vein! Later he tried to unlock the door using key on door key slot. This also did not work. He was sitting in the car for almost 15-20 minutes.:firey:firey

So how did he unlock himself? He asked someone from outside to try and open the left side front door, and bang, car unlocked!:eek:

This happened twice with him, first time door was unlocked within 2-3 attempts. However second time, it was scary!

Anybody faced such issue? On the forum there are many issues regarding door locks, however did not come across this particular issue anywhere.

What should be the problem? His car is standing at his native place since it is not yet registered and temporary passing is over.

He was going to purchase Figo, he had almost booked the figo however I succeeded to persuade him for Italian beauty.:clapHowever on second day of delivery, such niggles. Hope he is not demoralized! When he called me and described this, I was like:A

His simple question is : If I was taking the car from native place to Pune and imagine the car does not unlock on highway (say worst case scenario all four doors do not unlock either from inside or outside?)
  7. pdydeva

pdydeva Regolare

This doesn't seem to be any trivial issue. Door not unlocking is a serious problem where people could get locked inside at times of risk. First thing I would suggest is to get the issue checked by the dealership or FASS.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Pravat

Pravat Timido

Central Lock malfuntioning

Hi all, I am hear to get some answer from all the experienced person regarding my punto car , which had an issue with its central lock, sometimes its lock work and sometimes it don't , when I lock it through my remote key a double knocking sound comes and the door remains open so i have to lock it from inside by pussing the lever and lock the driver doors through my key, i took it to my service station they are saying that everything is fine with the lock and they dont have solution to it and the fiat is also winding up its service from Jamshepdur perhaps thats what servicing people said and it is a big concern for all the fiat owner.
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2013
  9. drvivekmd

drvivekmd Timido

pravat!!exactly the same problem here,,when i try locking with the remote,,double sound and and the door remains open,,i can close the rear doors by pushing the lever,but i couldnt close the driver and passsengar door with my key,anyway,finally the FASS guys called today,telling me to bring in my car tomorrow..lets see,how they adress the issue..will keep you guys updated!!
  10. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

A lil bit delay, but the solutions/help is around the corner. Hope the turn around time goes less ASAP.

Please write a mail to Manges on this issue. Do mention what the revamping of SC of FIAT said by the FASS to you. See if he can make some arrangements for you.