1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    how do u know battery is fine? ask them to plonk in different battery. Start the car. Then take a multimeter and the voltage to battery while car is on should be 14.7 volts approx. If its below that the alternator is not charging the battery.
  2. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    Hi Gurjinder,

THanks a lot for your quick response. I spoke to SA sometime back. He says alternator and charging is ok. Regarding ECU examiner - they have done some test. did not find any issue. I need to check with them for more details. Will visit service centre tomorrow.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Thanks a lot Italia-Linea for your response. Tomorrow I will check multimeter reading when I visit service centre.

- - - Merged Post - - -

Hi Amogh,

Thanks a lot for your response. SA has asked for one more day. After that he wants to contact FIAT. I want to take back car tomorrow if they assure me that there is no issue with battery and I can use the car. I have planned jog and goa trip mid of next week.

Thanks
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
  3. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    Today the 'battery warning' problem was resolved . SA told there was some earthing related problem.
    Went to service centre and picked my car. Thanks gurjinder, amogh, italia-linea for your replies and support.
  4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I did check with Sudheendra today, when I went to Vecto, and he did inform me that problem is resolved.
    Good to hear.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  5. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    Thanks a lot Ravi. It is great to see such excellent help/support from teamfiat. Actualy teamfiat is the one which gave me confidence to buy Punto along with my brother.

Ravi, what time you went to Vecto? I was there around 4.30. Hope I will meet you sometime in Vecto.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was there around 12 to 1 pm.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4
  7. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Issue Solved.

Thread closed!
  8. drvivekmd

drvivekmd Timido

virudhunagar
    issues with central locking!!

hi fiatians!i own a fiat punto dynamic,march 2013,done about 10,000 kms,no extra after market fittings in my vehicle,except music system with component and sub woofers.last week,i was travelling at about 80-100 km/h on a highway( very smooth road).suddenly i heard a loud beep,and i stopped immediately and found that "rear right door open" was displayed in the display.

i tried opening and closing all the doors,still no use,the "door open" light was glowing.i didnt pay much attention and ignored the beep sound and started the car and was on the road again..the real shock,was when i reached the destination,parked the car and tried to lock the car with the remote.when i press the lock key on the remote,it locks and then immediately unlocks automatically.

i tried locking manually(with the door knobs,from inside the cars),but i can lock only the rear doors,passenger and driver doors cant be locked this way.i tried using the key on the driver side,no use..it automatically unlocked after i locked it..i didnt know,what to do..leave a car unlocked in a crowded parking lot??

i drove immediately to a nearby fiat service(ARAS,madurai),where i had to wait for 2 hours,just to hear more bad news.they had tried changing the right rear door lock,with all the 2-3 new locks they had in stock.no use,still the light was glowing,they connected the examiner(the computer),it showed no errors!finally,they gave up,and told me all the locks from this batch might be malfunctioning,and they will order new locks and will get only in one week,they promised to change it free of cost under guarantee

now my punto is parked in my garage for the past 10 days,with such a minor issue.i dont know,who to blame,the car or the service?did any of you guys have problems of this sort with the central locking?how to resolve this??any help/advice would be greatly appreciated!!
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2013
  9. zenwalker

zenwalker Esperto

Bangalore
    I had the central locking issue, on the way back from mysore that night suddenly during the drive the door started to lock and unlock itself and constant beep with warning message on MID was bugging me off. Next day visited FASS, they changed the rear right door lock equipment. Every thing got resolved. It was just 30 mins job.

But in your case, they have replaced the equipment, does the new equipment they put on was good ones and working? Were they getting locked individually (with out connecting you can test it), this is how they tested the new equipment before connecting to the car during my change.

Can you try some other FASS near by?
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2013
  10. drvivekmd

drvivekmd Timido

virudhunagar
    i have been calling FASS,madurai every single day,their answer is the same,they have placed the order,and it will be available soon!unfortunately,my nearest FASS is coimbatore some 300 kms away,i am hesitant to travel such a long distance for a minor issue.but i think,i would be forced to do the same,as it aches to see my punto gather dust in my garage.i didnt go into their service area and have a look,but their words are that,"they tried all the locks they had,but still the door open sign was glowing and the examiner detected nothing wrong"