1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I think they mention two lights rather than two bulbs. A grammatical brain spinner?

I'm not sure what they mean here, though. By two lights, I think they are implying : 1. The normal brake light. 2. The emergency brake flashing which starts happening when you slam the brakes real hard. Just guessing.
  2. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Does it happen in Fiat's?
    I know that its a feature in Figo,but Fiat's not sure.
  3. gurjinder

Punjab
    No idea really. Just guessing and putting out some food for thought.
  4. Desigan

Desigan

Chennai
    HI All, Just want to share my experience with this issue. I too faced same problem , same symptoms. initially front passenger side window was not moving up and then the issue spread to driver side window as well. My car was almost 2 year when I started facing this issue. I had taken this issue with TATA motors when the car was covered in full warranty. The mechanic was so good that he replaced the power window switch instead of looking into the root cause of the problem. recently I re-raised the complain with Service center and after some much of delay finally they were able to find the root cause. Initially the electrician who investigated this issue suspected the issue with power window motor. As I am frm the electrical background, I made him to directly provided the power supply to the Power window motor from battery bypassing the Relay unit. then the electrician knew that the motor was able to move up & down when the power was directly fed to it. so the culprit was the relay unit. It took more that a month to get the relay unit and secondly had few challenges to get this replaced within Extended warranty. With great efforts from the Customer relationship manager of the service center, this relay unit was replaced under warranty. this unit will cost 8K pls (fr Emotion) if brought separately. this unit is present below the from passenger dashboard. Pic of the unit attached. IMG-20130908-00104.jpg IMG-20130908-00105.jpg IMG-20130908-00107.jpg
    1 person likes this.
  5. g.nagendra

g.nagendra Timido

Bangalore
    Time to upgrade headlamps

Headed off to Bangkok for a couple of months, so didn't upgrade the headlamps. Back to Bangalore and the rainy nights. My take on the stock headlamps? Incredibly-fantabously-legendarily....pathetic. At that's being nice.

I don't like using high-beams in city and my car's underbody takes the pain due to olympic pool sized potholes. So, net-net, time to upgrade headlamps.

I checked various forums, online stores, brick-and-mortar and finally concluded to go for a HID set, albeit with OEM specs. Narrowed down to the Philips Xenon HID Kit. Reliance Auto zone quoted 9.5k(no warranty!!!), AK Traders in JC road quoted 8k (with 1 yr warranty but 'stock ella saaarrrr'), and JC traders quoted 9.5k, with 300 bucks for installation(with 1 yr warranty).

The problems and my questions:
    1. Read in many places that installing HID without a projector kit blinds oncoming traffic. I tend to be a good driver (Ahem!) and want to install a projector kit. No clue on pocket damage. Anyone?
    2. Since Punto is type H4, a Xenon kit may not be viable/will adversely impact when using high beam to flash. I don't use the stalk to flash often, so is this a problem? If yes, the solution to it is to ditch my Xenon plans and go for a Bi-Xenon. Any idea on a good brand? Not sure if Philips has a Bi-Xenon?
    3. Dont want our famous traffic police to stop me for having white lights. But I 'do' like white lights. Is it hence legal? (They never seem to have problems with Audis, Beamers and Mercs)
    4. Is 4300k whiter than 6000k? Or the other way round?
    5. Would like to have it installed in a good place. Any suggestions (in Bangalore)?
    6. Finally, as long as the wires are not cut, I stick to defined wattage, my warranty should not be impacted. Right? (please tell me yes, please tell me yes, please tell me yes...x gazillion times)

My budget is 10k. Would like to have a good HID kit (brand with warranty). Fog Lamps. And if possible, same coloured first-stalk-lights (sorry, unsure of the term)

Anyone installed such a kit in their Punto and had a bad service experience? Advice please...

Thanks.
  6. g.nagendra

g.nagendra Timido

Bangalore
    Any advice folks? Waiting to change the headlamps...
  7. bmyneni

bmyneni

Hyderabad
    Hi All

I am planning of upgrading my Linea head lights with Bi-Xenon projector lamps. please advise the options for the same?

Please advise!!

Thanks in Advance
  8. mkaru

mkaru Timido

Bangalore
    battery warning - car in service centre for 3rd day

Hi All,

My new punto MJD 90 HP(bought last month) shows battery warning symbol even when engine is on and car is running. It is in service centre(Vecto) for 3rd day. They are yet to identify the issue. Battery is fine. Anyone faced this issue? Please provide your valuable advice.

Thanks
  9. gurjinder

Punjab
    Sad to hear that mate.

Have they provided any preliminary diagnosis report? Generally the alternator can be suspect in this cases or belt related failure which is hampering charging. What did the ECU examiner say - any errors / bad sensors?

Keep us posted.
    1 person likes this.
  10. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Get the alternator checked. I don't see any other reason. Have they even touched your car? Get the car investigated in your presence. 3 days is too much. Give them your piece of mind.
    Last edited: Sep 27, 2013
    2 people like this.