1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. pdash

pdash Regolare

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thanks. Will wait till next service

Sent from my Micromax A110 using Tapatalk 4
  2. MattJ

Hi Paddleshifter,

Even my lighting has conked off. Can you share the link to the DIY? Wondering if its a LED or a bulb? Saw in many forums that for older models could be a bulb and newer ones it is an LED.

Thanks! :)

3. amitrane

Hi Guys,

My central locking issue is resolved now , FASS in Bavdhan Pune identified issue & was very prompt to solve it , no major expenses involved.

I made an enquiry about ground clearance kit & they quoted around 20K , looks to me bit too much & so not going for it, even SA Javed also not in favour of it saying punto is better with original setup.

Just to let you know i saw bravo lying in corner & luckily was able to see it from inside out & it's simply amazing in terms of interior quality..wish we could have something like this with Punto...it was just feeling awesome & my friend owning Verna is still just amazed .. praising bravo all the day long
  4. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

Installed a central lock for Active Yesterday. Used Autocop and costed me 3850
  5. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Did you do it at fiat dealer or outside?
    Could you please let me know the part number / name of the component?
  6. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

it was done outside the Fiat Dealership. the Fiat Dealership quoted an amount of 6.5K for the instalaltion. was planning to get it done from him, however as I was fitting the seat cover at an outside accessory shop, casually inquired and their confidence made me go for it.

it was an Autocop Guardian model. Initially tried with Cross wheels, but it didnt work and hence moved to AutoCop. please note that mine is a Jul 2013 make Active model and it has manual central lock already. So the motor and other details were already there. the only thing that he had to do was to intercept the particular wire that locks automatically (post 20 Kmhr) and then connect the autocop wire to it. Basicllay what it does it when pressing the remote, it sends a signal to the already existing motor to unlock and lock the main issue was the reverse current that was flowing that made them ditch the Cross links and use Autocop (I could have gone with using a diode to stop the reverse current also, but decided to make a more cleaner installation with Autocop)
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
    2 people like this.
  7. Interesting, does the new 2012/2013 active model comes with door ajar warning for all four doors or just for driver side door?
  8. pvgeorge

pvgeorge Novizio

2013 active has door ajar warning for all the doors, however it is not smart enough to differentiate which one. the Dynamic one does though
  9. The BCM is smart, but the display on the cluster is not!

Active has Modal display, while higher variants have comfort display and they show up additional information, having a comfort display cluster shows everything.

Pre 2012 Active cars had door ajar warning only for front right door. The comfort display on Active shows only Right door Open no matter whichever door you open:evilsmile
    Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  10. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    FIAT Linea Brake Light

Does anybody know how many brake lights the Linea has ?

This is what the owner's manual says :

On opening up the housing , this is what I found :

There are 5 bulbs - brake , turn , fog , reverse and park. There are two connectors - one for the fog light , one with 5 pins (brake , turn , park , reverse and ground).

So where is the second brake light bulb ? What am I missing ? (I'm sure it's something obvious :()