1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. ace1girish

ace1girish Timido

Pune
    thanks..let me try replacing the battery..
  2. Issue with Autolock Door kit...

During Warrently, i faced problem with both back door autolock kit and service center replaced it. 2 yrs warrenty ended in the month of Mar2013 and I also signed extended warrently.

Now central lcoking is not working due to left front door kit is faulty. I enquired this with FIat mechaniscs and he told that it is known problem and fiat change door kit mmanufacturing vendor.

How we can get this changed in extedned warrenty?
    Can i also asked replace front right door kit now??? Though i do not issue now but might face thisis future if this is known issue.

Please advice.
  3. amitrane

amitrane

Pune
    central locking issue

Hi Guys,

Last week my punto got hit by private bus , on driver side doors, in PCMC pune.

Bus company owner assured me to repair door damage & done it very good job , in their garage . Incidently they are handling maintainence of lot of Auto companies private vehicales including Fiat , so well reputed Guy , having very good garage facilities.

They have done very good job in couple of day's & returned car

After some time I found out that rear front door was was touching front door , so couple of issues now

1. front door is not getting locked , i need to manually lock it . Remaining 3 door's are getting locked
    2. rear door making noise while opening.

Now question is should I go to roadside garage or showroom for this issue? Looks like they messed up with door alignment & I don't want to take risk now with them again , they will pay whatever charges applicable.
    Last edited: Aug 20, 2013
  4. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    hi Amit, i have replied in bold below:
  5. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If they are going to foot the bill, just head to the FASS and get an estimate.

Door making noise can also be the door checker gone bad. The door checker is the part which allows the 3 stage movement of the door. IF the noise is intermittent and kind of metal banging against metal.

Cheers.
  6. niranjan_81

niranjan_81

Pune
    Hi Amit,
    How old is your car? If it is under warranty then you can change the door latch from the authorised showroom. I did it for my punto without any cost from Pandit Auto,Bavdhan.
  7. amitrane

amitrane

Pune
    Thanks Guys for your responses,

Car will complete 3 years in coming Sep, so under extended warrenty :)

Rear door making noise only while opening door , front door is marginally overlapping rear door . As mentioned by Gurjindar will try to get estimate first from FASS

Just to share this is my first Accident in 3 years of ownership with punto ...which is my first car & got good proof of solid build quality punto has

it was quite big bus like state run buses & hit my side with almost 20-30 speed ..on slope ..made big sound on impact , after initial shock i thought must be big damage ..

but really surprised to see only door damages ...seems punto absorbed all impact...no injury to anybody inside ...even my 5 year old kid was alright as of nothing happened... even people on road are in praise & said "Achha car hai...etne jor se thokne ke baad bhi jyada kuch hua nahi.." :p
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    FIAT - Built tough :up
    2 people like this.
  9. pdash

pdash Regolare

Bangalore
    Mahadevapura
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hello all, my charger socket light stopped glowing, charging is working properly. Any tips please??
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    You will need to remove the socket and replace the LED. If the socket is working, I would not be bothered about it. Not worth the effort, IMO

Rajan