1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Yes to an extent that is true for rain and fog. This is mainly due to the color temperature of these bulbs. Since they are whiter they are a bit poor in rain and fog. This is a compromise we got to make for better illumination at other times. This is why it is wise to just change headlamp bulbs to a higher color temperature and leave the fog lamps stock. :)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. If Philips XV is better than Stock in both normal and Rain/Fog conditions, I think I will go for it.
  3. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I guess they should do the job as they do not promise 10% more white light as with NB+. All other specs remain similar.

4. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

I guess they should do the job as they do not promise 10% more white light as with NB+. All other specs remain similar.

P.S: Srida, please clear ur PM box. :D

5. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    Instead of creating a new thread i though i should revive the old but relevant thread.

I just bought a 1.3 Punto Active and was interested in central locking as well as automatic door lock.
    But I can see that whenever my car crosses 20 kmpl I hear click sounds from all the doors and they are 'locked'. (Does this mean my Punto has automatic door lock feature? Brochure says 'no')
    Unlocking the doors now is a two step process.
    1. Pull the door opener handle (which is completely pressed inside) to normal; this step 'unlocks' the door
    2. Pull it even more to actually open the door.

But the problem is, someone might always perform both the above actions in 1 go without any fuss. So what's the use of this so called 'door lock'?

Regarding Central Locking: As you know, the Punto 2012/2013 come with manual central lock. What it needs is just a remote control to do a 'remote lock' and not the complete CL assembly. For this simple thing, do i need to purchase the entire CL kit provided by fiat?
  6. bharathj85

bharathj85 Regolare

Chennai
    ^^

You can use Xenos central locking half kit. I have seen many cars at FASS in chennai getting fitted with Xenos half kit and the price is also around 2k.

Not necessary to go for full kit.
  7. kookaburra

kookaburra Amatore

Pune
    I got your point. When I explained it to the dealer, he said he needed to get a go-ahead from fiat. He actually wants to check regarding warranty n all.
  8. ace1girish

ace1girish Timido

Pune
    Issue in the remote of my FGP!

Team,

The remote of my FGP has stopped working, even when i press for lock /unlock it does not get activated...
    do anybody know any repair center of this remote nearby Pune. Right now i have only one option of mechanically opening the door..:cool:

So also the Company fitted Music System- Bosch gets hanged sometime and no button operates ..i would like it to get checked ..Need this detail if possible, Pandit Auto says that it need to send to FIAT Factory for repair:confused:
  9. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I guess the battery has run out in the remote. Try putting in a new battery firstly.
  10. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    For the key problem, sounds like a dead battery in the key. With the key open, you should see what looks like a screw. With a small screwdriver, turn it just a quarter turn clockwise. You should be now able to replace the battery.

Rajan