1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. deba

deba Amatore

Itanagar, Arunachal Pradesh
    itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Which of these two options will be better - Install a relay and put 120/100 philips bulbs or just put the 60/50 Philips X-treme bulbs which i am told doesnt need a relay?? What will be the difference in brightness and light throw?

- - - Merged Post - - -

Which of these two options will be better - Install a relay and put 120/100 philips bulbs or just put the 60/50 Philips X-treme bulbs which i am told doesnt need a relay?? What will be the difference in brightness and light throw?
  2. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    More city drive: X treme is suffixient
    Highway: relay with 90/100 is sufficient. Since 120/100 will be overkill for punto/linea HL.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    My vote is for Philips Xtreme Vision 60/55, if you really feel you need brighter lights.

Please be considerate to fellow road users and drive on low beam.

Rajan
    2 people like this.
  4. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I dont want any extra wiring done as i dont really trust the technicians here (small town) as they might do something and void the warranty. I do quite a bit of night driving so i felt the need for a brighter headlamp and i was looking for an upgrade (i didnt know bout the Philips X-treme i just saw it in this forum). Thanks guys for the input, so the Philips X-treme is the choice then. @Patchyboy i am always at lowbeam as i feel the other has got a brighter headlamp then me :D.
  5. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Please check for Osram night breaker plus bulbs also, which comes in the legally allowed ratings ( 60/55). I'm using it. I don't have experience with Phillips Xtreme vision though.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  6. deba

deba Amatore

itanagar
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I was told that you dont need a relay if you are installing a Philips X-treme 60/55 bulb (Punto). Is it true i just want to make sure.
  7. DeLineated

DeLineated Timido

MH12
    That's correct, if you're using stock wattage bulbs, they consume the same power as OE hence will not need additional work like relays, however a relay is good to have all the same.
    Also, I read Linea/Punto do have relays from factory itself, though they may not be heavy duty enough for 100+W bulbs.
    1 person likes this.
  8. Guys how is Philips X-treme in Rain and Fog ? better than OSRAM and Stock ? Also where in Chennai can I get these ?
  9. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

You can get them from GP road. Rehman auto spares is one, Sangam is another. Or you can try Jeewajee which is at Anna nagar or their new branch in Chaimers road, just before Park Sheraton. I use Osram NightBreaker plus and they are awesome for stock replacements.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    1 person likes this.
  10. Thanks Driv3r. I read in other thread OSRAM NB+ is not good for Rain and fog conditions. That is why I don't want to go for OSRAM, Is that true ?