1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. savinvas

savinvas Novizio

Bangalore, India, India
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Read in news paper that Kerala police is equipped to measure the light intensity and charge penalty for those who are using higher wattage rating bulbs (above 55/60), so please be aware.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
  2. arjunr

arjunr Amatore

Bangalore
    Wiper Motor covered under extended Warranty ?

Team ,

I have a 3 year old Punto Emotion Diesel ., I have constant issues with with the Wiper ! . When I turn the wiper on and start my ignition the wiper gets stuck half way and refuses to work for a while . After a while it automatically resets and starts working . I have faced this issue several times .Not sure if its a motor problem . I tried to take it to a Castrol Service center and they told me there could be an issue with the wiper motor . So I got it rewound . Still the wiper refuses to work . Now they think it could be a problem with the relay and and some wire could have been cut !! I`m not sure what I should do as I`m driving around in rainy season without wipers !!

Does the wiper come under extended warranty ?

Thanks,
    Arjun,
  3. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    I think its in extended warranty .Its mentioned in the EW booklet that it is covered.
  4. ravindra

ravindra

Chennai
    I had same problem with my Punto last year. In fact I met with an accident due to the wiper not working in the night. Fortunately no personal injuries. At that time I had given the car for Insurance claim with Tafe Reach, Chennai. Later on Mr. Tensingh sprayed some solution to the relay unit (?) and from that day I am not having any problem. Mr. Tensingh at that time told that both wiper motor and switch assembly is covered under Extended Warranty and the problem can be any one of them. He suggested that he shall first replace motor and if the problem persists he shall replace the switch assembly also. As he is now in RDC I have requested him to order for the Wiper Motor. I need to follow up with him. As of now I am not having any problem.
  5. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Went to KHT, they fixed it.

Thanks
  6. ghodlur

ghodlur Esperto

Thane
    Can you let us know the location of this box, will be handy in case needed.

What was the issue diagnosed and what was the solution offered by the workshop?
  7. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I was successful in doing this. Thanks Aniket.

Hope this helps. All the grey tubes are mine :D

DSC00045.JPG

Rajan
    Last edited: Jul 9, 2013
    2 people like this.
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Thanks. With the help of our local mechanic , I found a similar inlet at the same position on the left hand side. Where does this inlet enter the cabin ?
  9. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Behind the glove box sadly. I wanted to route to the steering column and the wire measurement went for a toss, resulting in avoidable joints. Knowing me, I will mostly redo it and remove the joint. Unfortunately, no such inlet exists on my T-Jet. Maybe, I did not look hard enough.

Rajan
  10. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    Yups thats the only inlet, be sure that you put the seal back properly, otherwise rain water will sip in. Most of the cars have it.
    This hole is on battery side so that extra power cables from battery can be pulled in. If you would have referred my blaupunkt amplifier installation thread, you would have got the similar pics showing how to pull the power cable for amplifier from battery. Similar hole exists for taking wire back into Linea boot.
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2013