1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Sure, let me try today evening.
  2. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Better leave it disconnected for more than 1/2 hr as I faced quite similar problem last week & disconnected my car battery for 5 min but it didn't help then I left my car battery disconnected for longer time. Which reset MID, blue & me to factory setting. Things are good ever since
  3. Actually you can open the blue and me box and disconnect the blue & me it self, disconnecting battery will cause whole ECU reset.
  4. anoop

anoop Superiore

Oops, seeing this after long time. I did not click any photos during that time - sorry for that :( (was too busy getting my hands dirty, doing things along with the mech ;) ).

Open the glove box fully and you can see that there is a hole through which the wire is being routed. You can see the counter part in the engine bay too. But, this is not a straight cut through the firewall. Try leading the wire from the glove box side - the wire will go down and then with some dexterity, you should be able to pull up this from the engine bay.
  5. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    5 min battery disconnection did not work, i will keep whole night disconnect today and connect it tomorrow morning.
  6. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    I am also facing the same problem.

Whenever I increase the volume medial player pause the song and select button dont work properly.
  7. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Maybe it is different in the Punto. I could not find any wires from the glove box except the ones for Blue & me :(

I found an alternative way to get wiring from the engine bay to the cabin. To do this , you would need to remove the driver's side wiper and the plastic trim (jaali) under the wiper assembly. Then if you look inwards , right under the surface , there are two grommets (empty). Feeding a wire through the top one will cause it to come from a little above the accelerator pedal inside the cabin.

Still looking for the best way to route it from the front doors to the cabin.
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  8. Aniket

Aniket Superiore

Thane, Mumbai
    Open outside plastic cover just below the front glass
    U need to remove 3 screws and one nob
    from engine wire comes to this area then from here it goes threw firewall , U will get to know when u will open that plastic cover , they have given proper things to route extra wires
    Last edited: Jun 18, 2013
  9. g.nagendra

g.nagendra Timido

Bangalore
    Checked a few threads for my query, but couldnt find a definite answer to this...

What is the max permissible spec for headlights (low and high) and fog lights for the punto without installing a relay?
  10. Without relay stay with oem spec.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.