1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I have also been looking for this information. Here is an answer to your first question.
    I am yet to figure out the second one.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2013
  2. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Yes I have seen that thread. But I'd like to route the wire through the OEM boots , if possible :(
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    OE Boots will have connectors that can be detached at the door, in case the doors need to be removed. Given that we only have the power window switches and the electrically controlled ORVM, I am sure there might be a few spare slots. Gotta open it up and check one of these days.

Rajan
  4. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Excellent point. From what I remember seeing , the part of the connecting mechanism on the car side has some kind of a plastic lock/socket with small plastic thingies sticking out. Didn't try to force it but looks like you would need to know what you're doing to get it out..:D
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    That is what I have to figure out. The rear doors are quite straight forward. Just pull the violet / pinkish tab up and the connector just pops out. I just checked it and as expected there are several spare holes. Will have to source the pins though.

Rajan
  6. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Maybe somebody who has upgraded the stock speaker wiring would know ..
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

Not sure how much it will help, but I have routed wire from my engine bay through the firewall when I fitted the aux lights in my Punto.
    There is a bunch of wire coming from engine bay through a small opening - you can see it from inside if you open the glove box. Thr routing is a bit tricky and we could not route if from engine bay to inside - had to do it from inside to engine bay.
    May be the same can be done for Linea also.
  8. Parantap Chatterjee

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    More details please :)
  9. nitinjd

nitinjd Amatore

Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Steering Mounted control keys not working.

Hi All,

Does any one of you faced such issue?

Steering mounted controls are not working at all.

I can able to listen music from pen drive/CD/FM . Cannot able to navigate mp3 list/phone list as it does not display any menu setting/information in display unit.

What is working is switching between media player to CD to FM through mounted control.

Any Idea?
  10. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Try disconnecting Negative terminal for 5 mins and then connecting back, 99% it would solve the problem if not you would have to visit FASS to check wiring.