1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Depends on the condition of your battery (IMO).
    If your battery is old i'd say remove the terminals or else leave it as it.

Frankly though I've really not found any big difference either way.
    We have a maruthi Van, that rarely sees the outside world and is used only when the population to be moved goes beyond 5 and even then the car cranks out just fine.
    Mind you i'm talking about a 15year old car that gets driven about 100kms in a month (At max)
  2. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    There is no need to disconnect the negative terminal of the battery just for 2 weeks of inactivity. Many a times, my Linea goes out once in 2 or 3 weeks or even a month and when started, it starts on the very first cranking.
  3. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    As others have said, it depends on the condition of your battery. I have left my Palio unused, with the battery(3 years old) connected for periods of 3 months and the car still started fine. If your car is relatively new, I would say, just park it and leave it. It should be just fine.

Rajan
  4. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    Thanks a lot guys...my baby is 3 months old, so I think I will just cover her up in a safe place and go.

Guys any idea on my second problem about the vibrations at certain rpm ?
  5. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    Vibration as in a rattle or a hum? If it is a rattle, then obviously something is loose, but since you specify a speed range, I suspect more of a hum. It can happen due to misalignment of the door, causing it to resonate at certain wind speeds. You may want to check and see if the leading edge of you door is slightly protruding above the level of the front fender, when the door is closed (Does that make sense?). If that is the case, then the leading edge of the door might be offering some addition resistance to the wind, causing it to resonate. Alignment of the door should fix the issue. Hope this helps.

Rajan
  6. adi231189

adi231189

New Delhi
    To be true i am still learning my bits and pieces of the Car and what you told looks like a Knowledge Gambit :p....any way it is a hum and not rattle that is for sure, since getting it at certain speeds. But will check what you said, atleast got some sense of what you said. You are implying that the hum is due to wind getting through right?

Well i could be but the problem is that the hum sound is actually coming from the top part of the left door, and doesn't sound like wind noise. I can clearly see the vibration at the Left front door at those speeds
  7. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    pioneer hu

Today I had upgraded my existing 2012 punto dynamic HU with Pioneer HU.. I was standing near by when the installation was made so as to make sure no wires are cut.. but without my knowledge they had cut the antenna wire as the pin that was there already cannot be fixed on the pioneer HU.. i am bit worried now whether I will lose the warranty? :-( my car is just 1 year old.. could someone clarify whether I will lose any kind of warranty?
  8. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

Bangalore
    I don't understand this obsession with not cutting wires. AFAIK, wire cutting is frowned upon for two reasons - possible overloading of the circuit and exposed wires, leading to a fire risk. Also, if the wires are not sealed properly post connecting, they will corrode over a period of time causing failure. There seems to be a line of thought that anything can be connected, as long as no wires are cut. As long as it is done professionally and the cut and joints are properly protected, not to mention adding fuses of correct rating, there should be no issue. I mean, how does the ASS fix it, when wires are chewed up by rodents?

It never fails to amaze me that the same folks screaming from rooftops about how irrational the sun film ban is, also advocate not cutting wires, no matter what. So much for rational thinking :D.

The sad reality is, your warranty is more dependant on your relationship with the ASS than on a bunch of cut wires.In your case, this was the antenna wire, which is not even load bearing. Please relax, your warranty is safe.

Rajan
    Last edited: Jun 9, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  9. nand_nand

nand_nand Amatore

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Rajan.. Thanks for the clarification.. I read some blogs where people say cutting wires will lead to warranty being void.. So I was bit worried about this..

10. Parantap Chatterjee

Parantap Chatterjee Regolare

Gurgaon
    Gurgaon
    Linea T-Jet
    Wire Routing Questions

For the Linea , does anybody know the best way to route wires :

• From the door panel to cabin
    • From engine bay to cabin

I had one of the local mechanics take a look and he was of the opinion that wires cannot be routed through the firewall , as is the case with most cars.