1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

I guess this is the chubby hole you are talking about. When I insert my fingers and try to pull it like we open Punto door it's not coming out and I cannot sense any buttons. I hope this is the right area and wondering whether I am being too paranoid about using more force.

Fuse (2).jpg
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
  2. PatchyBoy

PatchyBoy Esperto

That is the cubby hole, alright. Just grab the whole plastic panel at the edge under the cubby hole - the edge closest to ABC pedal and pull up towards the steering wheel and it will come off easily.

1 person likes this.
  3. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Your instructions are super clear. Let me try and report back.

I was afraid that people won't be able to answer my last post as the image is really small:)
  4. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Since you never saw this getting removed, you are probably not applying enough force. It definitely requires quite some force but nothing breaks if you follow the correct process.

Just for your clear understanding the whole panel comes off, it does not open like a door with one end still attached.

IIRC, there are 2 locks on either ends at the top of the panel and the bottom part has small projections which sit in some kind of slots.
    Last edited: May 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Got this fixed at RDC on Friday. Went for a long drive and it's been working flawlessly.
  6. Re: Mobile Charger Port not working

Just one suggestion use branded chargers always else your ciggi lighter port will end up having a blown fuse always

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
  7. Dashboard warning lights

I own a Linea MJD and have recently came across a peculiar problem with it. My car won't start sometimes and once it starts, it displays random errors like glowing of Car Protection System Failure dashboard light or a display message of EBD failure. When I showed it to the SA, without checking anything in the car he blatantly told me the battery was bad. I could not buy his arguement as there was a separate warning light for battery going bad. I got my battery checked up at a battery shop and he told me that the battery was good.

Iam a little confused now on this and have used the bump start which is not a healthy practice to do.

Can anyone help ?

8. Akshay4384

Akshay4384 Superiore

Yes he is right,these random errors come up due to a weak battery,get it checked again.
    Last edited: May 27, 2013
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

10. adi231189

New Delhi
    Can i remove the battery Terminal - Going out for 2 weeks

Hi guys,

I am heading out of town for 2 weeks and my punto will be stand still for the said time, i wanted to know is it safe to keep the car as it is or should i remove the battery terminal before heading out? Will this have any other effect on the electrical's by any chance.

Also I am currently getting a strange vibration from the Left front door at 1500 rpm at speeds of 50-60, as soon as i hit higher speeds or lower speeds the vibrations vanish. Any idea?

Will be leaving this week, all help is appreciated