1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. teky

teky Esperto

Chennai
    Did you happen to check the Fuse if there is one associated with this? If it's the fuse then ideally you'll have to bear it, else if the socket is the issue I'm hoping it'll be covered under warranty unless you've tampered with the electrical.
    1 person likes this.
  2. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Away from the car now. What are the possible locations of the fuse?

If the socket is going to cost less than 200 and if the fiat folks won't mind (warranty claims in future) I will have it changed outside, rather than driving to RDC and waiting.
  3. vj_v1

vj_v1 Superiore

Hyderabad
    Re: Mobile Charger Port not working

This is mostly a blown fuse. I can't remember the fuse number but it is in the manual. It's a blue one in the center of the fuse box.

Fyi, the fuse box is located on the right side of the steering under the headlight height adjustment switch panel. Pull the panel with the tiny chubby hole as the handle and it should come off easily.
    The fuse used to cost 7 rs last yr. You can temp replace it with another blue fuse. Eg: there is one for the subwoofer which I think is unused.

Sent from my HTC Sensation using Tapatalk 2.
    Last edited: May 15, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
  5. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks, will have a look.

Though you have a post there regarding location of fuse it's doesn't answer my original question. I did use the search feature before starting the thread.
  6. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    F44 is the fuse for lighter socket it is 15A fuse, can replace with F32 (15A) which is for subwoofer. Refer to page 131&132 on the User Manual.
    1 person likes this.
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    I had the same issue within a month of delivery of my Punto. It was a blown up fuse which was replaced at KHT Motors ( Tass/Fass) free of cost..

Need to not worry. Just take her to the FASS. Its a 5 mins job i think provided you get some free SA/Mechanic to look at your car :)
    1 person likes this.
  8. Re: Mobile Charger Port not working

I have this issue pestering me again and again since the day I took delivery of my car.
    Changed the fuse 3 times till now, still it gets fused if there is any loose connection.
    As of now it is fused again, need to get it replaced.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
    1 person likes this.
  9. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Where can I get a fuse, Is this a generic model or anything in specific?

I guess we should always have few spare fuses.
  10. Re: Mobile Charger Port not working

You can get it in any good electric shop, but betterbto get it from the service centre..

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2