1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. GoDofWaR

GoDofWaR Novizio

mumbai, india
    i think i have the same problem. today in the morning when i tried to unlock the doors by remote key, there was no response from the locks or the turn indicators. unlocked the door of my car manually and turned the key to MAR position but there were no dashboard lights or MID.opened the bonnet removed the terminal of battery and connected it again.but there was no spark or click sound at terminal. i have bought a new amaron din55 battery on september 2nd.according to me the battery has discharged considering i switch off everything before i turn the ignition off and anywayz i read somewhere that when u turn off fiat linea or punto the whole system turns off. can anyone please throw some light on this problem.i called the battery guy today at my place and he has taken away the battery for charging.so i guess something is draining the battery or not charging it at all considering i drove the car for almost 100 km on saturday and sunday. thought the mid lights or air con lights werent flickering i did notice on saturday that a white coloured smoke came outta the ac vents for 3-4 sec. this happened like 3 times. i thought the culprit was humidity and stuff like that because the smoke was odorless.there is also some slight whistling sound when i accelerate.its not a loud noise but you have to be a good listener to actually realize that it is a whistle kinda.i hope the alternator is not kaput or somethin.please advise.
  2. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    This showed up in my linea which is driven only 340kms !!, to check if the blu n me port can charge my blackberry, i plugged it....soon after driving 1-2kms i got the mid flashing no abs and the the abs light glowing.
    today morning, the error didnt appear and mobile is not in the slot but the normal usb stick with music.

before taking off the usb stick, i ensured i stop the media player by using the stop playback command and lady acknowledged...

i wonder why such faults should crop up in the 1 st place, that too in a new car?

one reason could be my car is 2012 and batter could be dying...but in previous car it was air bag failure message and car with lock symbol(immobiliser?) glowing when the battery was dying.
  3. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    If the battery is weak, random errors will appear.
  4. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    I believe the issue is now solved for my car, the culprit was the sensor cable under the seat, see the pic.
    the cables were some how got pinched by the seat, hence was throwing abs error.

the technician at Aadhya failed to do this, but Manickbag of Hubli understood this immediately.
    they connected the Fiat scanner, confirmed its the left rear sensor and then insulated the wires to ensure they dont short with each other. Full marks to Manickbag Hubli, and half to Aadhya Motors bangalore

image.jpg
    3 people like this.
  5. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Nadeem Ahmed VR 46 Esperto

Gadag
    Very happy to read about mentioning of Fiat dealer Manickbag..Fiat dealer manickbag have some expert Fiat workers and expert service advisors like mr.sangli,fiat fan,kiran sir who takes good care of our car and listens to our problems unlike Aadya motors,Bangalore which dont even have service advisor..Once our car's ABS wire connection was disconnected wen i went on a breaker which i hadnt seen very quickly..my dad got feared that ABS is gone..But wen we bought our car to Manickbag they soon rectified the problem..they had a fiat scanner it showed a wire is disconnected and within 10 minutes the car was handed to us..Seriously no problems with this dealer..service experience has been always great with them..Hey cubbie who was the service advisor ther??and who rectified ur problem??ya full marks to manickbag hubli..
  6. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Good to know your problem is solved.
    OT:- I had a very bad experience at Manickbag Hubli on my trip to Chennai. Were asking labor for fixing new wiper blade and also refused to do alignment and general checkup of underbody of car.
  7. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    In which month had u been to Manickbag Hubli??were they asking for labour charges to fix new wiper blades?they dont have wheel alignment machine..and why did they refused to do general checkup of underbody of ur car?
  8. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    Around 2 years back, it was maybe due to communication gap. The guy wasn't very fluent in English and I did not understood his native language.
  9. Nadeem Ahmed VR 46

Gadag
    after 2 years lot has changed at manickbag..
  10. brandnewpunter

brandnewpunter Amatore

Chennai
    Mobile Charger Port not working

The mobile charger/gps charger port is not working. Should I get it replaced outside or at service centre?

Is it covered under warranty?