1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Driver Side Power Window not working

Guys,

All of a sudden the driver side power window of my car has stopped working. It has not been operating smoothly since the second service and now it has stopped working completely.

When I press / pull the switch I hear a kat-kat + grrrr sound from somewhere near the glove box.

My driver had taken the car to Pandit Auto today (I had assumed it to be a small fix / fuse issue) but they told him to leave the car. Since I don't trust Pandit Auto, I asked him to take the car back home.

Now planning to take it to B U Bhandari. But that means I have to take half a day off from office :A

Anyone faced this problem earlier ?

Amogh
  2. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

yeah i took an appointment for this Thursday have to any way get the first service done. Just hope its not something major. Since i had a rat bite problem before this and the service center guys struggled to find the broken wires and fix it. i hope they didn't mess things up, any way am going to a different service center this time. Do any of you guys from Mumbai know how good Galaxy cars mulund is? till now i used to get things done at Balaji cars Kalyan.
  3. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune
    Re: Driver Side Power Window not working

I suspect the power window motor might have gone for a toss. This is from deduction that sound you get may be from the faulty motor getting proper supply. The fuses seem to be OK .. This is just my guess :)
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

Yup.. I second obliex.. Motor replacement FOC.. ::T

Kat kat i think is of the relay..
  5. amogh

amogh Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3

This may be a stupid question : if the motor has gone kaput : all power windows should stop working right ?
  6. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum

I guess each window has its own motor. The mechanical arrangement with a single motor would be overly complicated.
    It is quite possible that some belt could be broken.
  7. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

Proberbly the belt or there is a small nylon gear wheel attached to the motor which pulls the window up & down, the gear wheel should be the problem. The motor is not a problem as Amogh has said there is a sound Kat + Kat + grrr. The motor is rolling but the mechanism to pull the window uo & down is a problem.(this is my assumption) Don't worry Amogh this shold be a very small problem, it happened to my friends ANHC also after 3 months of his new car purchase.

I don't understand why the service station fellow wanted to leave the car behind. It could have been done in 30 minutes time.
  8. obliex

obliex Amatore

Pune

Nopes each power window is individually controlled by a small stepper motor. So that's why you and precisely control how much you want the windows open or closed ...
  9. Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

Have been to Galaxy for small things ( pollen filter cleaning, getting the front grill changed). My initial experience was good. Can not comment how good the workforce they have interms of knowledge
  10. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

hey guys went to galaxy motors today got the first free service done...they seemed like a nice service center..unfortunately they were closing half day due to janmashtami..hence they could only service the car they were not able to rectify the bulb glowing problem. I probably wont find time for quite some time now...does any one here know what it could be? if it were a failure im sure the bulb should glow bright...what does the faint glow indicate? is it just bad earthing? or is it a faulty temperature sensor?(this i doubt since the fan kicks in at the right time, besides the faint glow persists in both the bulbs even when the engine is cold) i tried googling a lot for the issue...apparently im the first to face it. The faint glow is almost invisible during the day...but is quite prominent during the night. Frankly im a little worried.