1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. drkars

drkars

bangalore
    hi!,did you change to HID kit to switch to 110/110 philips??? also could guide where it is availaible in banglore south?
  2. Zsa-Zsa

Zsa-Zsa Timido

Pune, MH
    Central Locking Not Working...

Could not find a thread related to this even after a half hour search... I own Punto Emotion and during my visit in December to Hyderabad for got the key in the boot. Later I realized the car was auto locked as I did not open any of the doors. I did not have the option to get to spare key as I left it back in pune. I called the FIAT road side assistance toll free number. They asked me not worry and will send a technician.

Oh god the technician was actually a road side key maker... I guess....:eek:.. He came with a four member team with scale... they opened all the side straps of all the doors... one was saying let us break the glass.... my god I was so worried... later their boss I guess... an aged key maker again.. came with another small iron tool... looked like a hook and did open the door in 2 seconds... I was a happy man...

Now I realized today ... I could not open the door on driver side.. the key freely rotates... I could not find it as I was using the remote key after that.. and today I had to take car from my friend who took it yesterday night from me. I though of not disturbing him.. left him a message that I am using the spare key to take car...

I literally had open the boot... fold the split seat and reach the rear door lock to unlock...

I think may be some lever needs a reconnect so that it come to normal... and saves my pocket... any other thoughts experts....

Do you think I may land up changing the key...???? :(
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    If the key is rotating freely in the slot, then it is probably the lock barrel which has become damaged/ broken as a result of the forced opening.

Have the dealer check it out and give a correct diagnosis.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Must be an ex-burglar to open a lock with a just a steel rod in 2 seconds...

If the key/lock is turning freely, then the RSA person who opened the door lock using the steel rod most probably damaged the lock. It may be repairable.
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

Pune
    Seems the mechanism has reversed. Open the door press the lock manually on the drivers side door. then on remote press unlock. Do this till the orientation is corrected. Also open the door trims and check if the lock road has been dislodged.
  6. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    I'm curious why the driver side door was forced in if the key was in the boot :confused:
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Precense of mind or lack of it!

Instead of opening the boot and getting the key, he may have thought of opening the driver side door by force, opening the boot, and then getting the key !
  8. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Friends,
    I took my jet to TASS, they restored the Blue & Me to normal functioning, but at the same time declared my N73 having some problem with connectivity. When I receive a call, it automatically gets connected without pressing the button on steering controls. Anyway, my problem is rectified presently.

Now, I want to get some suggestions/recommendations from you guys that how will be the performance/compatibility of NokiaLumia820 with Blue&Me? I heard that the BlueTooth of this series is compatible with few advanced software only.

Kindly, respond to educate me in this regard.

Drive Safe..!
    S A SHAH
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Mumbai
    Could be a problem with the bluetooth stack on your phone as well. Have you tried replicating the auto pickup issue with other headsets?
  10. shree

shree

Bangalore
    I am using my lumia 920 without any issues with blue and me. I use it to make/take calls. It reads the incoming message without any issue. So i assume lumia 820 should not have any issue.