1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3
    Thats okay! Not a problem at all.

I was referring to their shop near Yediyur lake (South End road). Here is the contact # 080-22965446. Btw, these bulbs would be available at most of the local car accessory shops as well and the price per pair would vary btw Rs.1000-1100. Definitely not more than that.
  2. sands

sands Timido

Hey Sandeep
    are you sure you enquired at AK traders, JC Road?
    Last last friday I bought 2 pairs of Philips Xtreme vision H4 60/55 from AK traders. Price was 900 per pair. please check once more with them. number is 080 2670 7295
    See the pics below If you still don't believe :D
    20130111_160036.jpg 20130111_160053.jpg 20130111_160151.jpg Please note, price is for 2 pairs (4 bulbs)
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
  3. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Thanks for the info Sands. I don't have doubt on what you shared. :) I had a different contact number with same AK traders name. I called the person with the number provided by you and got the bulbs. BTW, Phillips Xtreme Vision 60/55 H7 is out of stock for the past 2 months and might take a month or so. So I had to take H7 Osram Night Braker Plus 60/55 for low beam and H1 Phillips Xtreme vision 60/55 for High beam. Total Vitamins I lost is 2500. (H7-1300, H1-900, Fixing 150, light alignment - 150)

This is offline but I overheard when the owner was talking to his friend that, Phillips is planning to increase the price of the bulbs from Jan 26. May be that might be reason for no stock or newer version is coming out.
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  4. mayank

mayank Amatore

Weird Problem regarding headlights!!

Hey guys, today when i took out my gp i faced a very strange and weird problem..!! It was evening time but not dark...after driving for a km or so..suddenly my headlamps turned on at their own..i switched them off thinking that my hand or something might have touched the stalk but after sometime same thing happened again!!..and for a drive of about 15kms this thing happened around 4 times!!:confused: have anyone faced the same scenario before?? what do you think might be the problem??...

Thanks in advance!!
  5. DRIV3R

DRIV3R Esperto

Re: Weird Problem regarding headlights!!

Automatic headlamps from heaven? :p

Jokes apart, no buddy, I have not faced it in any of the GPs I have used.

Sent from my LT18i using Tapatalk 2
  6. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

I believe it to be a Short Circuit or the Headlamp Stalk to be faulty, should not cost much to rectify the problem though.
  7. sunswape

sunswape Regolare

Get it checked as soon as possible coz its definitely not good for your headlight stalk, it might get burnt. Almost same has happened with me too but that was in maruti zen. At the end headlight stalk got burnt, had to change whole unit.
  8. Rajarshi

Rajarshi Amatore

I guess you were able to see the road but punto did not :D
    1 person likes this.
  9. caffeineam

caffeineam Amatore

Is it the main bean or the high beam? Looks like a short circuit in the stalk/combination switch in either case. Does it go off when you turn it off but come back on again on its own? If yes, definitely a short. Get it fixed. I read someplace that replacing the setup is expensive.
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Mayank,

In my opinion its all because of faulty headlight stalk.I remember when my punto was 1 month old and i faced a problem,which was beam letting up and down on its own after interval of 10 odd minutes.I was wondering at that point of time if this is a feature given by Fiat and beams are sensed as per the oncoming traffic.Then came to know after a month,it was happening due to the faulty stalk and got whole assembly replaced FOC.