1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. bbllaazzee

bbllaazzee Amatore

Bangalore
    Me too have the same problem, one in 10 cranks result in this issue. And most of the time it happens when I want to start from a traffic signal :A
    Mine is 3+ yrs old, I use the car once or twice a week. But wonder if it has to be a battery issue. Most of the time it happens soon after a long drive, I switch off the engine in a traffic signal or toll-booth, then crank, the message appears.
    Let me check the battery.
  2. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    Yes, that is how it starts, the problem is due to a HOT START, but basically lies with the battery.

3. coolrider

coolrider Timido

TVM/JORHAT
    Almost same thing is happening with my BIL's linea.After 4 months and many visit to two ASS and changing the relay (took RS 18000/ from BIL. warranty is not given by the TASS) still the car is not starting, requires jump starting for less than 2 year old car.Again the car is given to TASS for checking the problem. so after spending 9 Lakh rupees this is the fate of fiat loving guys.
  4. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Blue & me pairing problem

BLUE & ME PAIRING PROBLEM

Dear TFIians,
    I had been enjoying T-jet+ since last March-2011, more than 9000Kms.
    My phone (N-73) was working nicely with Blue & Me. But, now it has developed some problem...when I receive or make a call, lot of noise and cut in the signal is observed due to which the voice from the speakers is not audible clearly

Kindly help, what could be the reason

With Regards,
    S A SHAH
  5. Shadowfax

Shadowfax Regolare

How often does the issue reproduce?
    when the issue reproduces how much signal strength do you get from your provider?
    Does the issue reproduce when the windows are open as well? or vice versa?
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Shah ji, try this. The next time you make call using Blue&Me, park your car at roadside safely and while you are hearing this background noise/ static etc, transfer the call to your phone (if your phone supports this), by pressing the SRC button on the steering. Then see if there is any noise from the phone just similar to the ones in the speakers.

If the audio quality through phone is ok but you had noise from the speakers during that call, it means there are some issues with the Blue&Me connection rather than your network provider. In that case, try some other phone of your friend or family member by pairing it to Blue&Me.

Disconnecting the negative terminal of the battery for 15 minutes (disconnect after removing the key from ignition not while key is in ignition hole) usually takes care of all issues but do not attempt this before trying the above methods because you won't be able to know the exact cause in that case.
  7. S A SHAH

S A SHAH Regolare

Srinagar
    Linea T-Jet
    Dear Friends,
    Yesterday, my net-system was down, I could not respond.

@ShadowfaxThe problem appeared last week. It is very difficult to hear from the speakers while making a call. It continues whole time, then I'm forced to disconnect the call.
    @PaddleShifterYes, I'll try the the method and communicate here accordingly.

Thanks, both of you for response.
  8. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Bangalore
    Hi TFIans. I am wondering if anyone can provide me a contact for getting Phillips Xtreme Vision 60/55 in Bangalore. I have enquired in the AK traders on JC road but now they don't deal with Phillips. They only have Osram bulbs.

I checked ebay and homeshop TV18, the cost is 1400 and 1700 respectively, which I believe is too high considering, some of our friends got it for about 1000/- per pair.

I apologize if I posted it in incorrect thread. Searched the forum and thought, this might be the best thread as it was more generic.

Regards,
    sandeep
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013
  9. punto_emotion

punto_emotion Esperto

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    ^^ Got the same at Reliance Auto Zone for @ Rs. 550 per bulb....
    1 person likes this.
  10. sandy.chegi

sandy.chegi Novizio

Bangalore
    OKay. Thanks for the info Punto_Emotion. Sorry, didn't know your name. So used your name handler.

May I know the location? I checked on their web site and doesn't seem to be showing up in the list of accessories available at their outlets.
    Last edited: Jan 15, 2013