1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Hi!

To fix the 100/90 lamp with relay, how is the additional wire taken inside the HL assembly?. My electrician has suggested to make a small slot below the rubber cap so the the wires can go inside. I have told him not to cut the rubber cap which might become loose. Initially thw wires were forced into the assembly below the cap which I feel is not correct.

Kiran
  2. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    How to add the wiring kit for palio headlight. I have brought Roots wiring kit but no access holes in the HL assy.
  3. vijaycool

vijaycool

Chennai
    I have added the Roots wiring kit with some alterations. Also made a small hole in the headlamp to draw the wires from the socket. Later the hole is sealed with silicone sealant. 80/80W its too good perhaps 100w H1 will take it further. Overall I am happy with the setup
  4. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Airbag Malfunction error

Hi All,
    Sometime when I start my Linea, its MID shows 'Airbag failure error'. But on the instrument panel 'Airbag failure' & 'Front passenger airbag deactivated' indication lamp goes off after 2-3 seconds of ignition (MAR position) that means system is working fine. This failure error doesn't display every time, may be once in 10 times or even less. When I read about this error in user manual, it suggests to contact FIAT dealership. I spoke with TASS workshop guy about this & he checked car just by starting but that time no error message was displayed. I told him this happens sometimes but why it is so and if airbag can be deployed accidentally due to this malfunction which could cause serious injury while driving. he said not to worry & this may be just a sensor error???
    Tonight when I parked my car & removed the key, all the indication lights goes off immediately on instrument panel but these two 'Airbag failure' & 'Front passenger airbag deactivated' indication lamps were continue glowing for 4-5 secs in very low intensity, hence could not be observed in day light.

Does anybody face similar problem & if yes, what is the solution of it? I want to know if I can continue with this error or shall I take it to the workshop? I'm bit concerned about how competent is TASS service staff to understand & rectify this error. I will appreciate if someone can help me to fix this problem or I assume this may be a glitch, which can be easily ignored.

Bye

Rachit
  5. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    This maybe due to the A/C relay malfunctioning leading to battery draining, which is why the problem happens sometimes only, are you having trouble starting the car sometimes, try going to a Battery Shop, ask him to check the battery, also ask him to temporary connect another FULLY CHARGED battery, and then give a couple of cranks to be sure, when you switch key to MAR position wait for 5 - 10 secs let the DIS run its checks and then give it a crank, you can try the same with current battery too, in this case you will see that AIRBAG Failure OR ABS FAilure occurs regularly.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Most likely, this seems to be battery issue. How old is the battery? Have you done any electrical modifications like music system upgrade etc?

Also, how much is your daily drive?

In winters last year, the battery of my Punto failed. One day my battery charge got low and airbag warning came up. Car refused to start. Charge got lower after one of my illeterate colleague cranked it thrice more inspite of my refusal not to do so and even ABS warning came up. It was jump started by RSA and the warning went off.
  7. Rachit Bhatnagar

Rachit Bhatnagar Amatore

Dehradun
    Hi Paddleshifter,
    Mine is a May'11 manufactured Linea T-Jet+ that I purchased in June'12 so car must be in yard for a year. Only electrical modifications are Rear park sensors, so there should not be any significant increase in load.
    As I used to travel abroad in every 4-5 weeks for 4-5 weeks & during this time my car is idle at home. My average running is also very low (1000+ K) since I purchased.
    Otherwise my car starts in 1st attempt within no time and there are no sign of low battery on MID. Still I will get my battery checked at workshop, if this is the culprit.
    Thanks
    Rachit
  8. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I too would suggest a battery check. I used to get random warnings like this for about a month before the battery went down. Replaced the battery and all the warnings disappeared. Today when I was at the service center, the SA asked about the battery. When I told my experience, he said most people have complaints on battery older than two years.
  9. bluepunter

bluepunter Amatore

Bangalore
    I also have same errors popping up on my GP like airbag failure, ABS failure, EBD failure, etc. During my 30K service I told this to the SA & he said it is mainly due to the weak battery.
  10. Cashier

Cashier Amatore

Mumbai
    The errors on MID are not actually errors, it is because the Car's computer was not able to do the Diagnostics Check it does when you start the car, and the reason is Weak Battery.

Our cars are TOO Sophisticated for the Stock Batteries provided ;-). There is nothing wrong with your car, the battery is not up to the task.
    Have the Battery Checked by removing it and checking it with a Device they have to check if there is something wrong with the internal plates of the Battery, because the specific gravity of the Battery might be alright, but the Battery becomes internally weak.