1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. geniusg

I am having the same problem in my One week old Punto Dynamic (Multijet) diesel.. sometimes both the rear doors get stuck, sometimes only the left rear door gets stuck.. i dont know what is the issue..
    I am not able to open the rear doors from outside.. but can open them from inside..

anyone faced the same issue and got it resolved ??
  2. Some magic happened and the above issue in my car got resolved itself after few days .. It was working perfectly fine there after ..

3. @Maxtor: Saddening that ABS motors people still don't know the problem is with AC relay.I too am facing this problem with my Punto 1.2 and no matter how may time i have told them to check the AC relays, they say it cannot be faulty.I am dead sure now that the problem is with AC relay as when i get it jump started and switch on teh blower know with out switching on the AC, its throws icy cold air and which normalize gradually...which makes me believe that compressor remains switched on even when engine was switched off.Also the Ac relay when being touched on top is making 'Tak' 'Tak' sound which reaffirms my belief.
    Going again tomorrow and will make them check the AC relay this time at any cost.
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

That, cannot happen. The compressor is like a pump which is spun by the engine connected with a belt. So, unless the engine is running, the compressor cannot run.

5. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

I had the same issue with my 1.4 punto...

what i did was and suggest (IF you are facing the relay issue): open the fuse box in the engine bay and remove the AC relay (refer to the chart n the inside of the fuse box cover)
    That way the battery will not go flat but you will not have the AC cooling you...

If the TASC refuses to accept or check that the relay is faulty.. there is a simple test... simply turn the car off and after the fan has spun.. there should be no activity from the car..
    Last edited: Aug 31, 2012
  6. faulty relay it had to be and so it was....got it replaced for 200 bucks(including S.Tax) and punto is normal again!!1
  7. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Central Locking Remote not working

Strangely since past two days the central locking remote of my 2 month old punto was behaving a bit odd. At times it would not work. On trying a number of times it did manage to function.

Now today, the remote did not work at all. And the car is just 2 month old.

Is there any quick fix that I can do on my own to rectify it. Seems to me that there is something to do with the battery. I cold not find out the method of opening the remote, so could not check the battery compartment.

Also, there is a pin in the remote pointing towards a lock sign, what is this for??

Seniors, pls advice what to do to get the remote working.

Waiting for replies...

8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Seems battery problem.

The manual explain how to change the battery (see picture), but since its just 2 months old, I would suggest to go to service center and get it checked.

9. abhiuday

abhiuday Amatore

New Delhi
    Thaks. That was quick. Wil get it checked at TASS.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

This issue keeps coming up whenever the key has fallen off from my hand. Have to also say, it gets back to normalcy after a few mins. Did you ever drop the key?