1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ganges

Ganges Esperto

Driver Seat _/
    :
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Varin,
    sometime windows restart option works here also :D

USB drive was unable to detect,hence i have disconnected the -ve termial of the battery(also it was time to have an reset to ECU).
    After connecting everything was juke box ;). this works for unknown,unidentified erros :D
    1 person likes this.
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Sometimes, this may not have anything to do with the actual condition of the brakes. This can be due to a dying battery. If it is the problem with battery, the frequency of the error will increase and gradually the car will fail to start, requiring 3-4 attempts to start. Then comes the engine light warning, and then the blinking ODO. These were the symptoms I got during the last breath of my Punto's battery.
    Check battery condition outside TASS. They only know to check battery using the FIAT examiner, which fails miserably when it comes to diagnosing battery issues.
    1 person likes this.
  3. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    In general what is the battery life ?
    I've done about 2.6 yrs on the stock battery..
    So far I've faced only the blinking odo syndrome and that too only once...
    There after there has been no such issues
  4. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    i haven't changed my battery ever since I bought the car(march 2009, 62000 kms).Just 2 weeks back I checked the water levels and one cell was quite low water thus refilled all of them.Will also get the current level checked.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I replaced mine 2 months back. It went fine for more than 2.5 years and then started showing errors.
  6. Fiat-Yamaha

Fiat-Yamaha Superiore

Bangalore
    Hi All -

Need a suggestion on Higher wattage FOG light bulb. Need to replace RHS fog light bulb, so what is the max increase in watts can be done?

Current bulb: 55w
  7. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    you can go up to 110 if i'm right..
    My head lamps are 110.
    But if you want style then go for those white HIDs but if you want functionality they go with the usual amber color lamps..
    Should not cost you more than 1300 (for a pair, including a relay).
    Phillips /Hella (Like already discussed are good ones)

---------- Post added at 11:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:11 PM ----------

Nothing like that.
    I've driven nearly 12K exclusively on highways till date after the fitment of 110/130. Nothing has happened so far.. Its been more than a year, easily

---------- Post added at 11:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:13 PM ----------

Also look at it this way...
    For the money you're spending (1500max) even if it serves you for 8-10 months its well worth the investment right?
    (This is just the logic.. I'm quite sure it will last longer)
  8. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    110/90 or any higher watt bulb sets, if replaced for both the Headlamp and also FOG lamps, can we use a single relay kit or we need two seperate relays? Is there anything available in the market of this sort, which has got 2 seperate lines and Fuse setups? Too idealistic, huh?:rolleyes:

One more doubt is replacing a high watt bulb in that small Fog lamp assembly, will it not get heated up badly and blackened?
  9. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I dont know too much about electronics but a single relay for both lights would not be ideal because the load being handled will be too much ..

On the contrary if you replace high wattage bulb in the headlamp assy it "might" cause heating issues reason being the headlamps are not glass...
    But fog lamp coverings are glass so it can withstand higher temps
  10. jovi2403

jovi2403 Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Punto Evo 1.3 90 HP
    Ur reply makes sense, Sham. Thanks.