1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    For bulbs, I suggest hella bulbs.

With respect to speakers I had 6.25 inch infinity reference component speakers on front doors and 5.25 jbl component speakers on my rear doors. However, I have added jbl 4 ch. amp to drive these speakers. At the time of upgrade I don't know that with space rings rear doors can take 6.25 inch speakers, otherwise I would have gone for the same set of reference speakers which are in the front doors, in the rear doors also. Even with amp. I don't loose the blue and me only thing I lost was whenever the ignition is off I cant play radio/cd. If you want to play music even when ignition is off you can add a switch to on/off the amp, but, every time you have to turn it off whenever, the ignition is turned off. If, you forget to do so, battery will be drained and you won't be able to start the car.

I strictly advise you to add an amp to have the full juice out of your upgraded speakers, the stock head unit can't do the justice to the upgraded speakers. Else, before going for upgrade do an audition of the speakers with amp and without amp. you will clearly, know the difference.
  2. I also suggest hella bulbs instead of philips rally, Philips are unreliable now a days
  3. thomman85

thomman85 Esperto

When i got hella relay and philips 100/90 bulbs.. the shop owner said its best to go with 100/90 and anything higher wo't last long if we constantly use pass( flash/flick headlights).

100/90 is ore than sufficient.. but higher the better.. but at a cost..
  4. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I too don't have good experience with philips bulbs.
  5. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    I'm running on phillipls 110/130 from 1 yr. No worries what so ever...
    I'm also contemplating changing the fog lamps to the same amber 110/130 shortly.
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Do the fog lamps have two beams like h4 bulbs?
  7. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    "Remote Keyless" entry system not working properly

Hi all,
    My remote keyless entry system not working properly. Please find below my observations

1. When I tried to open the locked car All indicator lamps glowned for some seconds and I can hear the unlock sounds from all doors except driver side door, now I can open all doors except driver side door and I found still driver side lock is not opened yet. Then I could use the key to open manually

2. When I tried to lock the car All indicator lamps glowned for some seconds and I can hear the lock sounds from all doors except driver side door, Now all doors locks are in still open position because of driver side lock (central lock for whole car) still open. Then I could use the key to lock(central) manually

Note:
    I found during sunny time the remote central lock is working properly in most times but not in case of evening or night. This problem started two weeks back. I would say central lock is working fine because I can able to lock/unlock the car manually but may be something problem in remote keyless system.

Guys your suggestion/solution please to solve my issue.

Thanks all
  8. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    1. Could need some cleaning of the sensors for driver-side door. There could be some moisture inside, which is why it is working fine when it is sunny/warm. Ask TASS to check the sensors.
    2. From what you said the remote seems to be fine.
  9. PranavOne

PranavOne Amatore

Chennai
    Thanks Fiatlover
  10. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Mumbai
    Bombay
    Linea 1.3
    EBD failure err

Yesterday morning I switched on the car and there the on the info screen "EBD failure error'. I shut down and switched on the engine again , the error didn't appear again.EBD(electronic brake distribution) is related to brakes so this means something wrong with my pads or something or may be just sensor issue.My brake pads were changed at 40000 Kms and since then I have driven 22000 kms but the brakes seems fine.

This happened when I had taken the car to TASS to get it checked for drag issue (when I leave accelerator to change the gear with AC on I feel as if little brakes are applied )The TASS guy told me that the problem can be with rear brakes or some leakage in hoses leading to turbo although external scanting didn't find any damage to the pipes.

kindly advise.
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2012