1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

Hyderabad
    I had similar issue yesterday evening..ABS unavailable was flashing on MID, also ABS indicator was glowing..and it went away within couple of secs..and it happened around 3-4 times. Also, i noticed my music player was also getting restarted while ABS light was lit. Today I drove around 25k (from my home to office), didn't had this problem.

Experts, please suggest should i visit TASS soon or can i wait for my next service..it should be in another 3 months.

Cheers,
    Naren
  2. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Check the battery condition at a mechanic/auto electrician outside TASS. TASS keep saying that the battery is fine and is charging well.

The OEM Exide battery dies a slow death...In the beginning you will see ABS unavailable, then odo blinking, then multiple attempts to crank, then MID goes off while starting, then hot start issues, and finally the car fails to start, meaning battery dies completely. All these happens within about six months time. Well, thats how it happened in my case, though I didnt wait for the battery to die completely.
  3. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    Day Light LED

Hello Team,

I was looking out for DAY Light LED that can be set on the Punto.

Is there anyone from Bangalore/Anywhere who has done this minor mod.................where and how much did it coast u...

Request for some information regarding this as i would like this mod included in my car...

Thank you,
    Anish
  4. +1
    I am also looking this mod to be done on my car.

5. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Guys,
    Please check for existing threads before starting...
    here you go.. http://www.teamfiat.co.in/do-yourself/4127-diy-daytime-running-lights.html
    I can vouch for the brightness of clevermax's DRL, its as bright as a HID !! real value for money he got for <3k, compared to philips/ hella DRL which costs a bomb (ie. above 5k) .. Here is a pic taken by him, the light from background is nothing but from these DRL's !!! : http://www.teamfiat.co.in/photography/572-best-fiat-photography-40.html#post113415
    Second pic in this post !
  6. Anish_A

Anish_A

Bangalore
    Thank you for the infor Varun...............Has anyone done this in blore??????????

Anish
  7. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Does anyone know of a ppl who does good job with headlight upgrades in Bangalore/Kochi.. During my last few long runs, I have increasing felt the need of better lighting..

What are best possible options that will meet the below requirments

1. Wider spread of light both in low and High beam
    2. Excellent visibility under heavy rains
    3. 50-60% of drives are on highways. (So need to factor in those aspects as well)
    4. Dont want any fancy stuff but the whole setup should be practical and should not void any warranties :)

I have heard abt HID, Projector, Bi xenon ( not sure if all of them are same). some other options like Philips, Osram bulbs etc but i am really a beginner in mods.. hence i would really appreciate if some one can guide me here to choose the best option and point me to good shop in banglore/kochi..

My list of mods include:
    1. Headlight
    2. Seat Covers ( Augusta )
    3. Better speakers ( no amp/sub)

Plan to do this mods in next coups of months...
  8. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I suggest you to add a wiring kit and plonk higher watt bulbs like 90w for low beams, 100w or 120w for high beam. This does not void warranty as no wire cutting is involved just plug and play kits are available from reputed brands like hella, roots.

Regarding speaker upgrade, the stock head unit can not do justice to the upgraded speakers. However, I have read elsewhere that even upgrading speakers alone you can feel improvement in sound quality. But, adding an amp will do justice to the set up. My two cents of knowledge!!!
  9. Pauleralil

Pauleralil Regolare

Kochi/Bangalore
    Which brand of Bulb should i buy for the 90w/120w? Philips Osram or any other brand.. can you let me know product or model name as well.
    Would warranty be void if i go for HID Projector Setup?

Speaker, I will some good cladding on the doors to get the best quality.. would you recommend any specific speaker set which will we co exist with the Current HU. I dont want to play around with the Blue & Me...:)
  10. soccerfan

soccerfan Regolare

Kochi
    Go for Philips Rallye 100/90 W bulbs along with Hella/Roots relay. Costs around 150 per bulb.