1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Harness cost was Rs.900/- and the cost for the pair of bulbs was Rs.300/-
    1 person likes this.
  2. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks a lot guys.

Get it installed yesterday. Installed Roots wiring kit for 680/- (with relay) and Philips Rally 130/110w bulbs for 420/-. So all done for 1200/- with installation.
  3. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    How is the light spread? What is the response from the on coming vehicles?

Some pics. of your wiring kit and bulbs, please.
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  4. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    Relay is must with 100/90 bulbs , get Relay which can withstand 130/140 watt bulbs . Moreover 100/90 will not harm reflector .
    The white 100/90 bulbs are coated with blue tint on glass , so it in turn reduces the light output . If white light is main objective than HID kit is for you .
    What about warranty ? any ideas....
    130w Bulbs will blacken the reflector in long run unlike 100/90.
    Last edited: May 11, 2012
  5. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    I got the relay with mentioned capability to withstand 130/110 W bulbs. I know in long run, it will blacken the reflectors but i am okay with it. I am not a big fan of white light and i also think it disturbs ongoing traffic more than yellow light. Planning to change Fog lights now and thinking of replacing it with old OSRAM night breaker. :p

Thanks for your input though.
  6. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @singh

I have already done night long drives many a times with 130/90W bulbs no blackening of reflectors.
  7. Arunkumar

Arunkumar

Hyderabad
    Any one who want to fix xenon head lamps....visit this website....

Xtralights~(888)954-4482~Aftermarket Car Headlights, Tail Lights, Turn Signals, Fog Lights.

I buyed Bi-xenon H4 35w (4300K) with digital ballast (Xetronic Company) and its some what costs more.....190 USD. I bought this from usa and these lights can be shipped to india too with shipping charges of 60 USD extra.These Xenon lights with digital ballast are yet to be introduced in india. Iam using this lights for my Karizma and i promise you that you can see the road with fine clarity with the focus that these lights generates.

Any one who need more details about the xenon headlamps.......i can help you out here.
    Last edited: May 13, 2012
  8. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    @mvb4u
    lucky one
    Also consider oncoming traffic blindness with 130w lamp.
  9. mvb4u

mvb4u Regolare

AndhraPradesh
    Guntur
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I usually dim when I see the oncoming traffic, but, when some morons don't dim their lamps then I switch over to high again.
    Last edited: May 14, 2012
  10. Sriramudhya

Sriramudhya

I Have the same issue this Morning,When i start my 90 HP this morning i can see the "ABS Unavailable Please check your hand book" . Any Help? I checked with Concorde Motors,velachery.According to them i need to take my car to the service center. Is this become a major issue? can i drive without "ABS unavailable message" until the service is done? its only a 3 months old car.