1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Re: Newer Puntos do not have tweeters?

The space is just for show, there are no slots to put Tweeters there. I tried while upgrading my ICE Setup. Had to put tweeters at a different place
  2. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE
    Re: Newer Puntos do not have tweeters?

Went to BLUNKUNT dealer for fixing the tweeters, he opened the plastic pasrt near the door handel, Informed me that there are Tweeters already. Got confused earlier as they were tweeters as there were some wires in there. The BLUNKUNT guy removed the Tweeter & showed me the same. Happy ::D
  3. sonofpoi

sonofpoi Timido

Delhi
    Radio Blocked in my Linea

One fine day I got my Linea washed. That evening the Music System was working fine while bringing the car back to home.
    The very next day in the morning when i started my car, got the message "Enter Code" and '_ _ _ _' to enter the code.
    Tried entering few default codes and also the 4 digit number that was provided with the card with the Audio Manual, all in vain.
    I get the message "Radio Blocked" every time.
    Called up the Fiat people and after following up with them for 3 days, they sent a guy to get the picture clicked of the serial no and other no. mentioned on the HU.
    Now they say it will take 3 more days to get the proper code.

is there any way to get the Code at the earliest. I tried searching online but all the sites want me to pay to get the code.
    Any assistance on this will be appreciated.

(Mods- Is it fine if I post the serial no of the Music System here?)

Any help is appreciated
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Re: Radio Blocked in my Linea

Hi. Sorry to hear this. I think your Car radio got disconnected somehow and then got reconnected automatically. This happens in such a case when radio was disconnected and then reconnected.

That code is not meant to be displayed just anywhere. Do not submit your car details like VIN No., electronic code etc on any such sites.

It is better to wait for some days rather than compromising on that code.

Also, the duration of time for which the Radio keeps on getting blocked increases every time you expire your no. of chances to enter the code successfully. So try to avoid hit and trial method. Let me try and get some hint from my audio security card and manual.
  5. sonofpoi

sonofpoi Timido

Delhi

Thanks Paddleshifter..
    I got the manual translated in English (dont know why the manual is not in English language even when they are selling linea in India), it was mentioned in there that every time you enter a wrong code, the time interval to re-enter the code increases.
    I have stopped trying and have not entered any code for last 3 days.
    On the security card there is a 4 digit which looks like the code.. but even that doesnt work.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3

The manual has details how to unlock, not sure if you are following the same method.

Check the manual - viewtopic.php?f=52&t=44

mp3.JPG
  7. sonofpoi

sonofpoi Timido

Delhi

Same method.. there is no other way around.. :irked

(By the way.. since then i can hear all the minor noises my car makes that were going a miss due to music.. n i have started singing more then i did ::V )
  8. eldrid

eldrid Amatore

London, United Kingdom
    London, United Kingdom
    Grande Punto 1.4
    Problem with lights on the dashboard

Hey guys off late i have been experiencing a weird problem. Two lights on my dashboard that is the exclamation with the triangle and the red bulb at the end of the temperature gauge are semi-on all the time. By semi on i mean they are not exactly glowing bright like they do when i switch the car to MAR but they do have a little luminescence. Does any one of you know why? is some electricity leaking into these bulbs? the lights stay this way even when the engine is off....whenever there is any battery use...these lights seem to semi-glow. like when i unlock the doors...or when i switch the cabin lights on.....or just open the doors...all this is with the key not even inserted in the ignition. however when i lock the doors the lights completely turn off..The car drives normally otherwise and the temperature gauge is what it normally is (right in the center) so im guessing my car is not really overheating. Any idea what it is? have you guys ever experienced this?
  9. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

Bangalore
    Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

Welcome to TFI, eldrid.

Perhaps, some loose-contacts in the wiring. Get your Punto checked by a Tata-Fiat authorized service centre.
  10. kaps

kaps Superiore

Arakkonam
    Re: Problem with lights on the dashboard

Spot on by Ravi.A check up is must though nothing serious.