1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Hey Guys, the orange ring light around the charging socket/power socket/cigar lighter socket in my Punto has stopped working. Any pointers as to how to proceed further? The charging socket is working fine but only the light is not working.
  2. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    Paddleshifter, I replaced my fuse as well and since then Even I'm facing the same issue.
    I only noticed it recently ..
    anyone with answers please?
  3. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    In my car only one side of orange ring is illuminating, one side dark and one is glowing
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2012
  4. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    It's a DIY according to Grandeur at facebook. :)
    It has a LED light that can be easily replaced by taking out the Cigar lighter. Only think to look out for is a small pin like thing that is a bit delicate and should be handled carefully while taking out/putting back the Cigar lighter.
  5. ameysane

ameysane

Mumbai
    Horn issues

I have had a strange issue with my car horn.
    Suddenly one of the horns stops working.
    Generally this happens at high speed, when the horn is needed the most.

Today, a guy from Fortune Motors visited me to check the issue.
    As this guy was inspecting the car, my sister came.
    When I told her about the problem, she said her Linea also has the same issue & one of her friend's Linea also behaves the same.

If it is a common issue, then it has to be a design/manufacturing flaw.

Anyone here faces the same problem?
  6. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Hey guys, I am planning a long tour in coming months and driving at night on ghats/roads and in rainy season is my main concern with current pair of head lights. Currently I am on OSRAM night breaker plus 55/60W. I am planning to put Xenon lamps preferably P8 HID 4300k.

I have few questions for you to answer :

• Is it advisable to use Xenon headlights without projectors
    • How much difference it would make from current headlamp to Xenon ones?
    • Which branch would be better? If possible, mention prices also.
  7. singh

singh Amatore

Mohali
    HID bulb without Projector will do nothing good . Light will be scattered and performance will be even poorer than 55/60W bulbs . Also blinding the oncomin traffic , It will be worst in Rain and Fog. Go only with projector of good quality . Try to look KABARI market you may find some OEM projector assembly.
    You can fit 4300k 27W HID bulbs in Fog Lamp assembly, Philips HID is lot better than Chinese one but costs double around 8-9K.
    Or change to Philips Rally 100/90 with Relay , total cost will be around 1000 rs and results will be very good.
    Regarding Warranty : Seniors can tell
  8. theblack

theblack Esperto

Bangalore
    darkshooter, simply go with phillips or hella high power lamps like most have done here..
    My car has 100/110W phillips and they are more than adequate for highways.
    The throw is just amazing and it costs less than a HID + projector setup.

Secondly its much safer for oncomming traffic as well..
    You can also change the fog lamps (keep it amber only) to another set of 100/110W and I dont think anything else is required, Functionality wise.

PS:: yes make sure you have separate relays
  9. Phew

Phew Esperto

New Delhi/Mohali
    FASS
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Go ahead with the p8 hid kit but only 4300k. It will be far better than your current bulbs.
    Avoid driving all the time on high beam as it will then hinder oncoming traffics vision but low beam will be absolutely fine.
    Have been using them in my zen for more than a year now, works like a gem

Waheguru Waheguru
  10. darkshooter

darkshooter Amatore

Navi Mumbai
    Thanks all. I know xenon without projector means using half capability of what xenon can produce. Have gone thru various threads on this. Also got positive response from guys using p8 hid.

I prefer to use lower beams rather than many guys who drive in high beams all the time. If light produced is much higher than current setup, I'll go with xenon lights. Grandeur, Andy where are you?

Sent from my phone, not yours. :)