1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Avinash

Avinash Amatore

United Kingdom
    Linea 1.3
    Exactly the same problem with my 2009 Linea MJD!!! Just 4 days back the same thing happened, when i was in Chennai! Is this a coincidence??? :confused: Now whenever the menu option is pressed on the steering wheel, a vocal message stating "no bluetooth phone connected" comes, and then it goes off! :(

@Prince: You can still play the media player via voice control! Select the windows button and speak. I tried it! But you won't be able to see any info in the display menu of the speedometer console, like playlist, albums etc.

Please help "us" out guys!!!
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2012
  2. kaps

kaps Superiore

Reset the system by disconnecting the negative terminal of battery for 10-15 minutes. All settings will be reset to default. You will have to re-pair the phone and change settings to whatever you were using earlier.
  3. Ha Ha ha... I too have a peculiar problem. The Blue And me stops working after sometimes. As soon as I turn the key too MAR the mobile connects to the car B&M. I make a call and the call connects but in less than 2 minutes, the MID displays 'NO Bluetooth' and connection is dropped abruptly. make a call or not, the B&M session lasts only for 2 minutes and then drops. I will have to try battery disconnection exercise once again.
  4. Prince

Prince Timido

Hurray It worked !!!!

Thanks a lot for your suggestion on disconnecting the -ve terminal in the battery for the blue and me problem. I did try that and it worked out well. I had to just reset the time in the system after the exercise. I will now have to repair my mobile with the blue and me system.
  5. kr_vasudev

kr_vasudev Superiore

My Samsung Galaxy easily pairs with Blue n Me, however iPhone 3GS is not able to pair.

Is there any specific settings to use while using iPhone ?
  6. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    This issue occurs mostly when you are using Iphone/Ipod products only because in my car also happened the same , Microsoft product not getting easy with apple :) think the core os in the ipod is getting read by Microsoft which confuses the system,Because when u connect the system it scans the whole memory for songs also installables for blue and me updates..
  7. maverick

maverick Amatore

I have faced no issues in pairing my iPhone 3GS with B&M. Infact it even charges the phone if connected to the USB port.

Sent from my iPhone
  8. vijays777

vijays777 Regolare

Linea T-Jet
    Hey i didnt meant to pairing of your phone,while connecting using your usb to ipod/iphone this occurs
  9. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    Decided to update this thread since this type of issue may be faced by many others who will go from pillar to post like I did so I hope this helps them.

First the battery was replaced but even then the issue recurred. The drama went on for a few days but let me sum it up....

It turned out to be a relay issue which I had suspected from the very beginning. Although I am not a car mechanic I kept searching on the net to find out about what the issue could be. I had suggested that this be checked first at the workshop but as you know by now if you are a Fiat customer, they just don't listen to customers since that is the last priority. Their company comes first(Tata and Fiat), their management second, employees and workers third and you the very last. This is based on my experience and observations over the last two years of being a Fiat customer.

I was sent from one workshop to the other because they also believe in "dis-ownership" if they can't fix a problem as opposed to ownership which the better companies believe in. So I was directed by ABS workshop to Auto Link the pretext being that it is closer for me. Real issue was that they just want to get rid of you if you are coming back again and again with your problem not fixed and they don't know what to do and neither can charge you a whole lot of money.

To make the long story short the fault was finally fixed after many weeks of mental torture - yes it was a relay fault that I talked about from day 1. How did I know? Well some of the issues can be found either here or in team bhp and you make your own assumptions about the problem that your car might be having. Don't trust or believe a Tata workshop if they tell you something. Actually, the workshop managers and supervisors should go through these forums everyday when they come to office and I can tell you that their service will improve because at least they will know what is going on!

I had to "forcefeed" the mechanics at the workshop the second one I was sent to, and they admitted that yes it is a relay fault and the thing was changed(or so they say). Problem got fixed!

There were numbers and people whose details I dug out from different places and I am listing some of them below. There is a database I have seen of names and contacts somewhere on this forum you can search for it.

vikas.sehgal@tatamotors.com>(mainly if you are in NCR);

Mangesh Kodalkar(main person I think who handles and coordinates complaints)
    Customer Services
    Fiat India Automobiles Ltd
    India 412210
    +91 2138 672764

When you send a mail please put all the details below otherwise your mail will keep coming back for many days or weeks until you put these details down for them. It is not that you put only your car reg no and they find all the details - you will HAVE TO put all these details down or there will be no further action.

Registration number of your Fiat Vehicle -
    Vehicle Model -
    Servicing dealer -
    Complaint -
    Car registered in the Name of -

The more mails you send and the more people you call up and shout at, then the very low chances that you have in the beginning of getting a complex problem sorted out will slowly start getting better and after some weeks like me you will be able to see the light of day. Patience and perseverance is crucial and putting heaps of pressure on the people you speak to and deal with can make the difference. You see, you can't give up, just go on and on - just like their workshops go on and on dishing out crappy service to customers who spend lakhs on buying their cars.

Please note all of the above is based on my personal experience and some of the data may be outdated anytime this is only for your help and guidance so act accordingly. If you have a FIAT car and it breaks down you are on your own, presence of mind, gut feel and google searching can only save you in your situation.</mangesh.kodalkar@fiapl.com
    1 person likes this.
  10. DCpunto

DCpunto Novizio

AC and Media player Problem

Hi Friends,

I am proud owner of 2011 Punto MJD Emotion Pk, driven 6.5k in 4 months. I have following issues in my punto..thought of sharing my problem with you guys before going to TASS.

1) Sometimes AC doesn't work, only hot air from the vents..However when i stop the engine and start it again problem goes. Its happening more frequently nowadays.
    2) Media player stops and starts again within a second or so..frequency of this issue is very less ...it happened 3-4 times up to now.

any comments/suggestions on this issue is appreciated..Thanks in advance!!