1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. pdranjith

Tron, Ramjn, I Have raised it with Customer Care, they are not aware of this and have taken a complaint, they said that the concerned department will get back on this.

rsinfo, as for the Stamped warranty booklet, had given it to the SA for the replacement, got back nothing today.

Will keep you posted.

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

True, I was under the same impression...until today. Anyways, will have to wait for the feedback from Fiat on this.

BTB, what is the default warranty period for the battery that comes with the car.
  2. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

This is as usual Exide at its best.Lodging a complaint with FIAT will make no sense.The problem lies with Exide itself.Use the battery till when it lasts(going to die) and then go for a dry cell sealed maintenance free (SMF) Amaron is the best 12v 44Ah is the present one in Linea.You can use 12v 50Ah too.The 12v 50Ah would give your car a better cranking power.Do check whether you can fit a 50Ah in the existing bracket.

3. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    The Exide battery warrant card says for OEM batteries, it is 12 months from the date of sale of car or 15 months from the date of manufacture of battery, whichever is earlier.

It also says that the battery must be serviced by an authorized exide dealer once every 6 months for maintaining warranty.

---------- Post added at 06:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:43 PM ----------

Edit- Point 7 of that card says that warranty will stay till completion even if battery is replaced.
  4. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

please clarify some things.

1. you had original battery that came with your car which has warranty of 1 year right?

2. How old was your battery when it got replaced?

The rule is as follows with every manufacturer.

Say your oem battery dies in 12th month. i.e last month of warranty and they replace it in warranty - then there is no further warranty.

Say your oem battery dies in 2nd month - they will replace it in warranty and then the warranty on new battery remains 10 months.

When you buy new battery from aftermarket distributor with 3 years warranty then rule is as below

Say the after market battery dies after 2 years and he replaces it in warranty then the new battery will have warranty of 1 year.

warranty term remains the same and its not that again the new replacement battery carries 3 years warranty.

its same in case of cars too.
  5. pdranjith

Thanks a lot for the info PaddleShifter, was dumb in not reading through the warranty.

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

1. you had original battery that came with your car which has warranty of 1 year right? Yes

2. How old was your battery when it got replaced? I took delivery of my car on the 14th of Dec, 2011. The car is of April Make but, so guess the battery should be of the same period.
  6. varin11

varin11 Superiore

Of-course the warranty would continue till the period as it was for the original battery if they both from the same company and if different then should start from the day new battery installed.
  7. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    SA is right. Because you have got replacement of battery from TATA ASS. If you directly purchased new battery from Exide dealer then you shall get warrantee
  8. pdranjith

Sorry about the delayed update, post me registering a complaint with FIA customer care(1800-209-5556) last Saturday (14th Jan, 2012), got a call yesterday from VST Motors, Chennai, the lady at the other end queried me about the complaint and once I explained my problem, she hung up saying that my SA would call back in a minute.

The SA calls up and says that the warranty will continue post the replacement, says he enquired with Exide and though initially they said that the warranty will be void, now it seems that they have mentioned that the 14month warranty from the date of sale holds good even after a replacement. :)

I had handed over my warranty booklet, which I never got back, and so wanted to know how to go about a claim if the battery fails again. To this, he responds saying that he has an replacement receipt which can be shown as proof. I am going in this weekend to collect a copy of this receipt, will upload a copy of the same here. For now, I guess, the issue seems to be resolved.

Thanks Everyone.
  9. ramjn

ramjn Staff Member Janitor

Linea 1.3
    Why didn't they give back the Warranty booklet? What is the issue with that?
  10. Prince

Prince Timido

Blue & Me not working

Hello All,

I own a Fiat Linea T JET Plus since Dec 2010. I have been following the forum dicussions for quite a long time. I have an issue with my Blue & Me which i need your help if you had faced similar kind of problems or know solutions towards such problems.

My Blue and Me has been working fine all these days but stopped working since yesterday. The menu option when clicked on the steering control doesnt display the settings in the console. Whenever clicked it the voice says *no bluetooth phone connected* and cuts off. The media player (USB) controls also have stopped working. But the other controls from the steering i.e. FM player, CD player, voice controls works.

I am worried if there is any problem with the Blue & Me system itself or with the control in the steering. I called the FIAT help desk and they had asked me to go the TASS and i am not sure if i would be getting a good response from them.

Your inputs / guidance will be highly appreciative.