1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ravenlord

Ravenlord Novizio

Gurgaon
    I'm facing the same issue and in fact, my steering also locked up today with the immobilizer sign coming on. I'm going to take it to the service center asap, but do post your solution once you're done.
  2. vishnu's

vishnu's Amatore

Was the issue because of battery gone kaput? why the battery is giving problems in a one year old car? :eek:
  3. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    What's happening ?

Surprisingly, suddenly there are lot many complaints started pouring in for Battery issue or Airbag failure message etc.
  4. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    On a similar note:
    I have been seeing the message "EBD Failure. Check owner's manual" 2-3 times in the last one month. It appears when I start the car. It doesn’t appear again if I turn off the engine and start again. I tried to observe some pattern in this. This is what have observed, I could be wrong too. If I keep the key in MAR position for some time and use any of the devices (music system, GPS etc) that use battery, I get this message on MID while starting the car.</SPAN></SPAN></SPAN>
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2011
  5. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    ^^^That means, as mentioned earlier, that your car might not be getting sufficient current to run diagnostic tests. Hence, the error message.
  6. RAAM

RAAM

Navi Mumbai
    Battery Drain Hose missing.

I discovered during my second free service that my battery drain hose is missing from my GP. On enquiry with Fortune Nerul, they said that they don't have this item in stock and need to check with FIAT. They said that they will get back to me in a week or so. This was about a month and half ago.

I have called them around 6 times to ascertain the status and as we all know, they didn't do anything. During the last call, they are not even acknowledging that they have taken this action upon them.

I request the experts here to give their opinion on what is the risk of running the car without the missing batter drain hose? And what are the other means by which I can get one from TATA / FIAT. I guess the car has been running in this condition for sometime as I strongly believe that this was done by the TASS during the AC Kit replacement done in July 2011.
  7. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    Urgent - Help needed with mobile charger

Hey guys,

I had got a new Blackberry car charger for charging phone in my Linea Tjet. However, somehow I am not able to connect the same in the slot for the cigarette lighter.

Can somebody enlighten as to what has to be done or am i missing something.

THanks
  8. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    Do have a loose connection issue there? My car charger gives me that issue - both in the TJet and the Esteem.
    You can connect and charge through the B&M USB port.
  9. rana

rana Novizio

Mumbai
    THe USB tip helps! loose connection? what to do here?
  10. abk1980

abk1980 Amatore

Mumbai
    By loose connection I mean that the charger, because of its poor design, may be ill fitting / loose in the socket courtesy which the "contacts" don't remain contact with each other. So either switch to the USB or try another charger.
    I haven't bothered to try anything and use the USB for both my iPhone and wify's Samsung.