1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai
    Our Moderator amit had this issue in his Punto. I don't remember how it was sorted out. Please read his ownership thread.

My logic tells me that couple of items you can try to sort this out:

• I think in Radio Menu, there is an option of "Restore default". Try it.
    • Manually Reset all 6 channels of Radio for stations. Assign randomly different stations to different channel. Not in the same order as the earlier ones.
    • Try removing battery negative terminal for an hour or so (I think this might not make any difference to the problem, but still try it)
  2. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Hey VP, dose it make any difference if kept for an hour instead 20 min?

All it need, is a restart.
    I haven't face any of these problems so im having low knowledge about this thing, Please correct me if im wrong.

Initially this problem wasen't there in his car. Later on he started dealing with it, so i thought it could be a MS bug.
  3. mhitesh

mhitesh Amatore

Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Airoli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I will try to reset to default first and then try disconnecting the -ve term of the battery. Will update later
  4. srivatsahg

srivatsahg Timido

Bangalore
    Strange beep sound when Fog lamps are turned on

Hello Fellow Fiat Folks

I recently bought my dream machine (that i can afford :)) the GP90MJD
    Though it is running fine at the moment but for one minor issue (not sure) is eating my head..
    It makes a beeping sound whenever i turn on the Fog lamps :confused:. Although this beep is nearly for 3 - 4mins it stops after that. :confused:
    Any ideas what is happening or should i not waste time to head towards the showroom ???

Cheers
    VATSAG
  5. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Never heard any beep sound when Fog Lamps are turned on, that to for 3-4min. Please get it checked asap at ASS. Also do u get any warning lights or error message on MId when you turn on your fog Lamp.
  6. Tron

Tron Superiore

Mumbai
    Strange! Did MID showed any worning message?? Any worning light glows whenever you turn it on??
    Beep on foglamps is something new, can you put some more light on this issue?
    Are you sure its due to foglamps? Cause basically beep starts mostly if door,boot lid is open while driving, seatbelt is not applied, low fuel etc. things.
    If you can't get it absolutely then go to TASC. It might be some wiring prob.
  7. srivatsahg

srivatsahg Timido

Bangalore
    [/COLOR]
    ---------- Post added at 10:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:29 PM ----------

No... i always wear a seat belt.. And i always make sure to check the doors are closed properly and tyre pressure is OK right before i start..
    This is strange and i think i should head to the TASC. Also it doesn't beep everytime... It comes out of the blue like once a week

---------- Post added at 10:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:33 PM ----------

No warning msgs or glow light indications on the MID..
    Last edited: Dec 21, 2011
  8. Jotinder

Jotinder Regolare

New Delhi
    Linea 1.3
    Please get it checked at TASC and please update us also on the same.
  9. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    How old is ur car?? Check battery.Do a load testing on it.Suspect the alternator too.Do you often listen to music??It's better you head towards the service station as your car in under warranty.Do not delay.

Just curious,have you done any aftermarket fitment like stereo or HID's??
    Last edited: Dec 22, 2011
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    the car completed 15k kms, and have left it for servicing in Concorde motors, Bangalore -
    Issues : Immobiliser light (frequency has reduced), Air Bag Failure (Frequency reduced), Starting Problem (2 weeks back started), Engine Oil (Almost Empty !! damn me to miss it out) & TASS mentioned that battery is a culprit....

I did read posts on battery linked to 3 of my faults - Exide and AC Relay to be tested.. will update the details by Tue when I shall recceive my car (wth a hefty bill i suppose!!!)