1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Anoop while reversing in a dark place where there is absolute no light, please get down and have a look may be there is an big obstacle !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:p
  2. shams

shams Esperto

Bangalore
    we also have one rear fog light which is not present on most of the other cars..
  3. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    +1 to this. I have found those reverse lights to be absolutely stupid. Its doesn't enable any kind of visibility, unless it is very very dark. Situated at the bottom rear, i wonder if any oncoming vehicles will pay attention to the fact that we are reversing the vehicle.

Then again, i have no clue about the design aspect - if not at the bottom rear, where else could it have been. If they had it incorporated to the main tail lamp console, i feel it would have looked awful.

We have to live with what we have. Its the age of austerity measures :D
  4. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    I've been thinking of using something like a 40+ LED fitment in place of the regular reverse light bulbs. They'll light up the rear. Infact, they'll be like mini headlights. LOL

Punto owners should definitely consider fitting this.
  5. Narayan

Narayan Regolare

Chennai
    Gurjunder, that is a good thought.

If you ask me design elements that i like the least in GP, i would say this is one of the features.

I thought the reverse lights are placed in the bumper and not with the rear light cluster to increase visibility. having them so high along wiht the other lights will not serve any purpose.
  6. RollingIce

RollingIce Amatore

Pune
    Not sure....what cost cutting was achieved by reducing the reverse lights.
    I have been missing these lights from day one on my car.
  7. anoop

anoop Superiore

he he.. In my old ambassador, I had a Hella fog lamp as my reverse light - it used to lit up the area quiet well.

@clash: usually the reverse light is of high wattage to make it more bright so that others can spot it easily.
  8. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Punto Immobiliser Security Code Light

(Mods - Pls merge with an existing thread - I searched and nothing appeared for this issue)

Hi, recently the yellow key code on the dash is staying on permanently and few of the times it goes away..
    I tried the classic trick of removing the negative connection from the battery for 8 hours!! and nothing really changed for me... The Key Code light remains ON most of the times.

I have driven to Mysore and elsewhere without any issues.. I feared it could stall the engine as it directly shares codes with immobilizer...

So any ideas what needs to be done ? car is driven for 13.5k kms now & i am thinking to send it for 15K KMS service in next 2-3 weeks time....

On another note :
    Earlier (that is, before disconnecting -Ve terminal from the battery) I used to get "Air Bag Failure" message frequently, this has now stopped.... blue and me is also behaving OK now.. earlier it stopped to respond to voice commands etc..however media player was playing on normal.

Cheers,
  9. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    8 hours ?? what kind of procedure was that.

Take it to FASS and sort it out.
    It is not a very good idea to always reset the ecu. you may probably erase certain error logs while doing so.
    It is always better to surrender our rides to experts in such cases.
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2011
  10. Cubbie

Cubbie Superiore

Bangalore
    Ugg, I mean usually its 30mins that is recommended but as I took off the connections, it started to rain, hence didnt venture to connect back next day morning...hence 8 hours..