1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

even if the battery warranty is provided by exide, the TASS cannot ask customer to go outside and check.
    on the contrary if you directly go outside and exide screws up FIAT will deny warranty saying why did you go outside.

when i had battery problems with my maruti vehicle they gave me replacement battery they had and took my battery to exide. and couple of times they called exide enginner to the MASS to check whats wrong.
  2. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Maxtor as mentioned by you it's a debatable point so let us leave it.

I too suffer from the faulty fuel tank lid and I know how bad and hurt one feels when such niggles spoil your whole ownership experience.
    Tip from my side when closing the lid pull the fuel tank opener handle from inside.
    I have had it fixed 5 times but still refuses to close 1 times out of 10.
  3. Maxtor

Maxtor Amatore

New Delhi
    @Italia-Linea, @ vIjAy_kHaSa - So there you go....

It is so easy in this age of internet. All you have to do to is to visit 1-2main car forums,make a list of some of the issues and ask engineers to work on them for a solution(can be done for other products also). Then call in the cars for a day and fix the issues or even when they come for their next service.

Any company that finds this too much of hard work does not deserve to be in business. Or in other words and I didn't want to say this but it is the moment of truth - you should not buy a car that cannot even do this much. After all these are your existing customers, captive business, who will lead to future business through word of mouth or even themselves buying another car for their family.
  4. maverick

maverick Amatore

Fuel lid problem is easy to fix, just put some grease on the fuel lid lock and then it is very easy to close/open the fuel lid.

Sent from my iPhone
  5. Italia-Linea

Italia-Linea Staff Member Janitor

FIAT is already doing this. they have updated all recalls and upgrades against the particular vehicles in CRM. the service centres cannot close the job card unless and untill they resolve it.

FIAT is definitely striving hard to get things in place. however i have heard from my classmates who are incharge of dealerships in north that the SA and TASS play nonsense.

whenever u drop a mail to fiat officials they immediately dial the workshop managers number and ask them to take care of your car, however little patience is required.
  6. arunk

Reverse light...

Can someone help me understanding the reason behind having a reverse light on only one side in GP. I understand they have designed like that for some purpose but just want to know the reason behind that design idea.

7. anoop

anoop Superiore

In simple words, Cost cutting.

This 'feature' is not only on Punto, but almost all new cars over the world have only one reverse light.
  8. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Grande Punto 1.2
    i really dont say it a cost cutting,
    its a stile and all the european cars are having the same, While reversing its only for the back car to know that you are coming back not for you to see the road hahahaha.
  9. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

ARAI specifies that one reverse light is enough , they dont really need to have two reversing lights and hence they have only one .
  10. anoop

anoop Superiore

Not only ARAI, US and international ECE regulations also specify at least one rear mounted, rear facing reverse light and that is why almost all new cars around the world have only one reverse light.

While it works well to warn the car behind you, try reversing in a dark place with no external lighting - it is very hard to do it with just one light.