1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. jayadev

jayadev Esperto

Kannur, India
    Kannur
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It is probably fault of your charger. There can be internal issues or it can get shorted while you plug in or out of socket due to weird plug designs. better get good branded phone chargers .
  2. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    They may be dangerous. Avoid to use chargers with other brands handsets even the connector is same. Because voltege & ah/hr rating is differant of differant mobile battery.
    I always purchase original charger when I purchase new mobile handset even of same brand. I mean if you are have 2 differant models of nokia then ensure that you are using the charger specially made for that particular model.

Jaydev is right. Use the Genuine Car Charger. Avoid Delhi made spurious chargers.

Remember slogun used in Ad of Maruti Genuine parts
    " Maruti Genuine Parts Lagaoge to Pappu Nahi Kahlaoge " :D
    Last edited: Aug 21, 2011
  3. jubthomson

jubthomson

Bangalore
    Central Locking Issue or this is the correct behavior

Hi All,
    I am facing an issue with the door locking system in my Punto.

The doors are locking automatically after some time and after that if try to open the passenger side door while car is moving, its getting opened. I have a 2 year old kid and this issue worries me in long drives, he tries to open the door.

I am not sure this is an issue in the system or Punto works like this, please help me.
  4. when your speedo reaches 20 kmph,doors automatically lock, which is a feature in Punto.

Doors can be opened even when in driving, is a drawback in Punto. You can use the child lock feature for this purpose.
  5. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India
    Linea T-Jet
    Welcome to TFI Jub!

The door lock works by pushing it inwards and opens by pulling outwards. So, if you pull the lever twice, the door will open even if it is locked.

Make sure that your son is seated in the back seat, which has a child lock. So, the door will open only when you pull the outside lever.

Rest assured, there's no problem with the car. Hope your problem is solved!
  6. Hi Prakhar... what jubthomson meant was tht doors are locking automatically, its a feature in Punto which locks the door once car reaches 20 kmph and if you dont want this, then you can change the settings from the menu and child locks as explained.
  7. prakhar_lfc

prakhar_lfc Superiore

Linea T-Jet
    Oops, i misunderstood :p
  8. jubthomson

jubthomson

Bangalore

Hi, locking automatically after speedo reaches 20 kmph is fine. My problem is the front left side door opens if the passenger pulled the door handle twice even it is in locked state.

I was expecting only the unlocking can be done by the driver. I had checked with the service station also and they told me that it wont open if the locking happened automatically after reached the 20 kmph and the manager told me to bring the vehicle if it happens.
  9. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    I think it's a flaw. Central locking can be unlocked from the driver's side as well as the passenger side. This should have been limted to the driver's side only.
    But, if you try to open the door from passenger side when the car is running, the door will unlock, but will not open. And, there will be a beep, display on the MID, and the warning light. You have to stop the car to properly lock it again.

There are two steps in locking. If you close the door gently with less force, the door doesn't lock fully. It does only the first step. You need to apply a little force to lock it fully. When you try to open when the car is moving, it unlocks only the first step. I have tried this a few times, and the door did not open when the car is in motion, say above 20 kmph. I used to drive with my 4 years old son in the passenger seat.
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2011
  10. jubthomson

jubthomson

Bangalore
    In my case, this is not happening. If we pulled the handle, the door is opening. Let me show this to the service center and will post the findings. Thanks guys for the replies...