1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. my stalk seems to be a little lazy in turning on the indicator of the left side.
    it is more like the indicator would not engage.
    gus tell me what to do?
  2. ginnupotter

ginnupotter

Delhi
    I noticed the same issue in my punto half hour after the delivery. In my case if the front left passenger door was locked manually from inside, then rest of the doors could be locked. The central locking mechanism for the door was replaced a day later at the service center.
  3. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Some dealer accepts the problem if the problem is visible in front of them.

I mean some time car gives specific problem at the time of use by owner.
    But car does not any malfunctionm in front of dealer.
    That time dealer does not accept these types of problems. That's why I am asking you.
  4. vIjAy_kHaSa

vIjAy_kHaSa Esperto

Panchkula
    @bhai
    first of all get the issue checked by ASS if ASS doesn't accept the fault

Spend 2 hrs playing with the stalk it would definitely go bad or would cure itself.
  5. Appu_123

Appu_123

Hey guys I too faced the problem of automatic switching from high beam to low beam. this happened to me when it was raining heavily and was frustrating all along the journey and dangerous too. But afte a while it seem to have correct on its own though I have reported to dealer he did care for it and neither tried check it.

I am recent to this forum though i used to read regularly. In my opinion what we discuss here in this forum are genuine manufacturing defects which is the sole responsibility of the manufacturer to rectify. I feel there has been reckless in quallity check of these vehicle before delivery. I am sure you to agree with it. These issues have to be taken to fiat at higher authority levels so that they become aware and take some measures. Any ideas how we can get to them and fiat start working on such issues.
  6. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I fully agree with you. When I went to petrol pump after the purchase of car,petrol pump guy invited my attention that my reverse light and rear fog lights are hanging. Lights were not fitted properly. The guy asked "Sir have you purchased defective car?

From production to sell PDI is done at each level. I surprise that no one noticed this error.

Today I visited dealer for faulty Direct-Indirect switch . As the routine , Dealer denied to replace the Direct-Indirect switch in warantee. I think he might have wished 780 km road trial as stated in earlier post about abnormal coolent consumption for confimation of faulty dimmer switch.

Faulty dimmer switch may be hazardious in night driving.
    I think TATA people will agree this problem when people will met any road mishap due to faulty dim-deep switches.

From FIAT officials no one has time to solve problems of loyal FIAT customers.

TATA dealers gives extreme bad treatment to FIAT customer like step-mom.
    Today FIAT is helpless before the pathetic service of TATA.
    Last edited: Aug 18, 2011
  7. Accessory power socket related issues

Hi all.. All of a sudden my mobile phone charger (socket in the car) is not working.
    I connected by cellphone charger and checked it in my friends car, it was working fine and my mobile could get charged. However, when i connect the same to the socket in my Linea. it is not charging. ( checked it under both MAR and Engine running condition) Guess there is no power coming to the socket itself. Is there any thing i can do before taking it up to TASS. Any connections to be checked from battery.
    As i do a lot of long distance travel, i need my mobile for calls as well as for navigation.
    Need your help guys
  8. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    See the owners' mannual. Search the Fuse & check the specific fuse.
    Last edited: Aug 19, 2011
  9. Thank bhai...
    Checked the owners manual (Page No.128-134)... the particular fuse for cigar lighter or socket is F44 (15 amps Refer page 132).. The fuse assembly is located on the dash board... Tried to open it.. didn't budge... guess i am not doing it right.. As i didn't want to mess the set up.. called Malik Cars, Hyderabad (TASS) in the morning.. Asked me to bring the vehicle.. On the way to them.. shall post the rest when i comeback..
  10. I got the fuse fixed by Malik cars, Hyderabad.. No charges..
    Got them fixed in 15 minutes flat and came out..
    Kudos to Mr.Sham and Mr.Balaji at Malik cars
    Also got a couple of spare fuses (15 amps and 20 amps) just in case if i require them in future.
    However, i am not sure why the fuse went off in the first place..
    Anyway, My charger is working fine... I shall wait for a couple of days to see if the fuse blows off again..
    Thank you guys (Bhai esp.)