1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2011
  2. chsekharbabu

chsekharbabu

Chennai
    Punto EP Remote not working sometimes

Hi,

My Punto EP remote seems works some times not some times.I suspect this might be due to battery problem.

Let me know if any one of you faced the same and any solution either to change the battery or visit TASC(which i fear to do) :).

Thanks in advance.
  3. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I think some more members (including amogh) had this issue and solved with battery replacement.
  4. Gopi

Gopi Amatore

chsekharbabu, dont take it to TASC. Just buy a regular CR2032 battery from any computer or watch shop and you can replace it easily by yourself. You will just have to unlock the battery compartment by doing a 45 deg turn using a screwdriver, pullout the whole compartment to see battery and replace it. It is just a 2 minute job.

I replaced my battery in the key just about 3 months ago and has been working fine from then on.
  5. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This happens if the remote accidently fell down from your hand. Just try removing and reinserting the battery. If that is not the case, then get the battery replaced.
  6. zzudhir

zzudhir

My doors won't lock!

My Linea T Jet+ is three months old.
    When I use the central locking, the doors don't lock. I hear two distinct noises - it locks and then it unlocks.
    When I try to physically lock each door, the front left door doesn't lock at all.

I'm still waiting for a call back from a service centre in Mumbai who promised to call me back yesterday!
    Anyone else faced a similar problem?
    Any suggestions till I get a call from the service centre?
  7. fiatlover

fiatlover Esperto

Bangalore/Kasargod
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.4
    This could be the culprit then. Central locking will not work if one of the doors are not closed/locked properly. The locking and unlocking sound indicates that one of the doors is not locked.
  8. bak

bak Amatore

Bangalore
    Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    one of the door locking might have gone kaput...check with TASS and get it replaced in warranty... had this problem twice when each of my rear door went kaput.
  9. bhai

bhai Esperto

Ahmednagar
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    @ Varoon9999

How your dealer dignosed the faulty Direct-Indirect switch ? Is there any seperate machine for checking it ? OR is it dignosable on ECU examiner ?

Because in ECU Examiner there are 3 options.

1) 1.3 MJD Injection system 2) Body computer scan & 3) Instruments Panel Check.

I mean when you showed the car to dealer,was your switch was showing malfunction ?

Because my switch is giving trouble at random intervals. I am going to visit dealer tommorow.

If that time, switch shows normal function then its difficult to get switch replaced under warrantee.
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2011
  10. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

22ji. same was happening in my case too.there was no malfunctioning indication popping off on my car's mid.randomly it used to happen in my car,get it replaced in warranty.its the same scenario as how it was mine.