1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Itanagar
    For the moment i pulled out the plug (I donno what they call it) of the LEFT REAR DOOR which connects the module at the bottom of the door and locked the LRD manually. All the other three doors locks properly when i press the remote now and the auto lock does work when i cross 20KM speed.
    Come on guys please help me....which part is gone kaput!

So do i need to change the door switch. Is that what i need to tell them?
  2. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Wiper Motor

Hey Guys!!

The Wiper Motor is completely Dead....Firstly it got stuck in the cebtre of the screen and refused to Budge. The next day it strated working.. 2nd day it go stuck again and after one hour when I took out the car it started working.. I took it to Galaxy motors here in malad who checked it and said all was fine after oiling it and having a look at it... the next day it went dead and now it refuses to work...

Galaxy ordered for the parts last Monday on the 18th and we are still awaiting it, though I requested our dear friend Narendra Sharma to expedite this Order.. I drive like a blind bat only on judgement when it Rians and with the experience I have of driving for the last 33 years... The worst part is the Incline of our wind screen does not let the water roll down and lets the water roll over across the wiindscreen due to which the object in front of you is broader that it really is....

I hope none of you face this Issue as it can lead to disastrous things and it is a real pain in the head to drive specially at night.

Please pray for me guys that I get the Wiper Motor quickly!
  3. karan desai

karan desai Superiore

Morbi, Gujrat
    ratan u should avoid driving in rains. or use some kind of polish which will not let the rain drops stay on the glass. that will make your drives safer. or tell them to take out the motor from a car lying with them as it is not safe to drive around without a wiper
  4. Sam

Sam Amatore

Mumbai
    I think this is what they (TATA) should tell you! :p
  5. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Itanagar
    Just for future reference m putting up the picture of the whole assembly which i had to change in just a month of ownership of my LINEA

IMG0202A.jpg

IMG0203A.jpg
  6. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    See, it is very common with all the cars. Will you believe Mahindra replaced a injector in my logan in about 4 months of ownership..
  7. S.K

S.K

mumbai
    I had same problem few days back wiper motor is culprit
    get it change if your car is less than 2 years it will be changed under warranty.(extend warranty doesn't cover wiper motor) it cost Rs 4815.00 in mumbai
    had to wait for 12 days as part was not available
  8. gautamkhadse

gautamkhadse Regolare

Pune
    I might not say this is the solution but you can try this . I once waxed my windscreen when i was waxing my car . I later learned that I should not be doing that . BUt the plus point to that was it makes your windshield like a non stick surface . The water drops roll away immediately . Once you wiper motor is here use colin to wipe off the wax .
  9. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Itanagar
    Forgot to mention that i had to swap the assembly from a demo car, same excuse parts unavailable for the moment.

My belief is that security is the most important part of a machinery that we all are buying with our hard earned money. In a month of ownership if somebody enters my "3-doors locked, 1-door open" car, takes out part by opening the hood, whats the point in paying for such a scrap!!
    They say we've provided immobilizer but will it stop thieves from taking out parts from my car.
    FIAT really disappointed lot of LINEA customers since its launch and till today the story remains the same. Nothing more to complain isn't it!
  10. ratanshivi

ratanshivi Regolare

Mald (East)
    Hey Guys!!

Thanks a ton for all the Advice's!! Finally got it Replaced after a long Ordeal..

Guess what the Order was placed on 19th July and it was received at the Galaxy Mulund office on the 21st as Our Dear Friend Narendra got the order expedited. But to my Bad luck the Galaxy store room guys at Goregaon had no idea that it had already reached Mulund. Only after I called Narendra and he Informed me that it was sent to Galaxy Mulund, I called the Guys in Goregaon and only after I told them they got up from their Sleep and procured it on the 28th and finally I got it replaced Yesterday..

The Good thing is That it was Replaced FOC as it is under warranty or it cost a Bomb...

The Moral of the Story is you need to keep Chasing these guys as they like to sleep on such things...
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2011