1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. poor initial breaking??

dont know what might be the cause
    i think brake booster?
    master cylinder??
    or the oil might have got little dust mixed.

is the oil level in the reservoir within the limits?
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Check number plate light

As I've already mentioned in my thread, a lady had dashed my car from behind with her scooty! The problem was, the car showed me "check number plate light!". Today i got it changed, but still at around 6'o clock, it again showed up..And then around 6:30 it was gone! Can anyone tell why this is happening? and what is the solution! Thanks in advance:)

Last edited: Jul 6, 2011
  3. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Yes, the brake oil level is adequate. I don't know whether dust got mixed with oil, but its only three months old car. So I think chances of mixing dust is less. Anyway after some days I will go to Kolkata and check my car with another service center.
  4. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

must be a loose connection within the bulb holder/connector..
  5. royj

royj Esperto

Yes it is a loose connection. I faced it when an Indicab bumped my car from the rear. Now it comes up randomly and goes off after some time. A small tap to the lamp also cures the issue for me and once cured it won't recur for some days.
  6. sibuve

Had the same issue for sometime (red light on Abs glows) and didnt have a clue. Then i found out that when i had this mobile charger connected (the one where you can plug your OEM charger in) this warning light comes up. Upon disconnection of this charger the Light goes away. Probaly check the electricals ,any additional fittings?
    1 person likes this.
  7. Car Central Locking (Punto Active)

No does not look like the kit is available here, cos the idiots at Fiat sent me to this moron who installed the crappy kit in the car. Must tell you that Fiat SA leave little to desire in the customer care department, now cental locking kit caused failure of driver's door handle mech and needs to be replaced, waiting for part on back order.........they new about this problem since I picked the car up from its service end of May 2011. You must know the only reason we buy Fiats in this country is because we are hardened fans, bacause it's most definitely not for the service which is mostly non existant. And I had plent of expiernce with my Fiat Stilo 1.6 Active Multiwagon. Luckely the 2001 Palio gave us 9,5 years of hassle free motoring, no agent intervention required.
  8. GopinB

GopinB Timido

Central Lock issue!

I have a month old 1.4 fire Linea Petrol Dynamic version. A strange issue cropped up this morning. My display panel MID was showing LEFT REAR door open. I opened and closed the door properly, but the same error was displayed again. To make it worse, now the central lock and auto lock feature is not working. Had gone to service center but they couln't find the fault. They had asked me to keep the vehicle for a day so that they can assess it properly. It seems they have to call up an expert FIAT mechanic and do it step by step. It seemed strange, but got no option.
    If anyone can guide me, what could have gone wrong, i'll really appreciate. So that i can guide these TATA A** how to troubleshoot a FIAT mechanism...:D
  9. Fiatfanboy

You should try to find more reputed brands like Xenos, Autocop, Pirranha. they will have great products that fit Punto active and even provide Anti-theft that the fiat part lacks.
  10. bhai

bhai Esperto

Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    It's very simple. Unless & unless until you don't close the all doors properly central lock will not operate.
    One or more door switch of your car is doing malfunction.
    Even you close the door completely ,faulty door switch is giving false signal to module of Central lock that door is not closed. So your central lock is not working properly.

I surprise that for this simple problem TATA guys are in need of expert person.:eek:
    Last edited: Jul 25, 2011