1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    This happened with me also. The rear wiper started by its own when it started raining & I was not able to switch it off. Also I get a chk Light signal without any light problem.
  2. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    I have heard about rain sensing wipers and light sensing headlamps
    And Fiat is know to not reveal all the features in their cars... :evilsmile
  3. Tony

Tony Esperto

Kalamboli, Navi Mumbai
    Kuwait
    Grande Punto 1.2
    Hahahahaah, I am sure even the dealers are unaware of these things for sure.....
  4. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    Does FIAT knows is the question :)
  5. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur
    The ABS problem solved on 17th June. I had some minor body works also. As per the Service guy who look after FIAT cars, the ABS sensor was replaced by a new one. Also that guy informed me after ordering. But the service guy who look after body shop told that no ABS was reached till 17th June. I don't know what actually happened. I have repeatedly asked the FIAT supervisor whether he replaced it or repair it. As per him he replaced the ABS sensor. "ABS unavailable" is not showing now. Is there any way to check whether ABS is working or not? Though my car is not skidding, but break is not that hard as it was before.
  6. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Kirenh- Were the front wipers on when that incident of rear wiper switching on happened?

If the front wipers are on and you put the car in reverse gear, then the rear wiper switches on by itself as a safety feature.
  7. kirenh

kirenh Regolare

Mumbai/Pune
    Pune
    Grande Punto 1.3 90 HP
    I dont remember exactly but can be a possiblity of me reversing.
  8. do you feel a small vibrating feel when you break?
    like loss of pressure and get it back within a fraction of a second??
    also is the breaking like before?
    or do you need to pump the brakes repeatedly to break?
  9. varoon9999

varoon9999 Superiore

New Delhi,HP 48
    New Delhi,HP 48
    Grande Punto 1.3

Hi Bhai(22ji)

even i had the same issue on the very next month on my purchase of punto.its a faulty switch which need to be replaced.that whole left hand stalk would be getting replaced under warranty as i have got mine too.

in the begning when i noticed this issue i thought its feature in our car,which senses the need for high/low beam and does it for us..he he he...

IMO this part is known as DIRECT INDIRECT SWITCH part no.0735445495 cost is Rs.4415.47 (in 2010 sep)

020720111642.jpg
  10. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

Durgapur
    I am sorry I couldn't log on for last 2 days.
    anyway, Now I am not feeling the break like before. Also break is very light up to some extent and after that when press harder then break is coming into act. As I can remember previously break was almost uniform throughout the whole playing zone.
    Last edited: Jul 6, 2011