1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes, it should be the engine oil sump.

Just for the warranty's sake, get the work done at the dealer. If it's absolutely impossible, take the dealer into confidence somehow that your getting the car repaired at the garage shouldn't void the warranty later on ; should the need arise to claim warranty in future.

Have a talk with the dealer and let us know.
  2. vijay

vijay Timido

assam
    thanks varunrtr,gurjinder for your quick reply. yes it will be engine oil sump. it is my first vehicle and i am still learning driving and other things about car.
    i talked with dealer and told about my situation. they told me to carry the repair job with local mechanic and also assured me that warranty will not lapse.let's hope they will keep their world. today in the morning i received the spare parts. costs are as follows,
    1. engine oil sump- Rs 4500.
    2. 4ltr engine oil- Rs 610/ltr.
    3. engine oil filter- Rs 199.
    4. adhesive for sealing purpose-Rs 1400.
    mechanic charge-Rs 1500.

today mechanic came around 12.00pm and started the work. new oil filter was tightened by hand only as his tool was bigger. he told me not to worry as he is doing the same thing in other car. i also checked oil filter. it was in the tight condition.
    after repairing work completed, i took the car for driving. now everything seems ok. now i will be extra care full while driving my tuscanwine beauty. letus hope no other issues come out in future.
  3. that seems to be some good news. take care of your beauty.
    drive safe.
  4. its the engine oil chamber,also get the engine oil strainer checked.
    A faulty one spills oil.:p and costs lesser than the chamber.
  5. Viny

Viny Esperto

:)
    just wondering why didnt you used fiat first services? Also why didnt service center recommended using the same. They could have sent a tow vehicle for same.
    Last edited: Jun 28, 2011
  6. Cinju

Cinju Esperto

Trivandrum
    I would suggest to take it to the service center at the earliest and ask them to check if the job done by the local mechanic is fair enough (I am not criticizing the local mechanic's expertise.). Those hand tightened job can be properly tightened as well.. just to be on the safer side.
  7. nkapoor777

nkapoor777 Regolare

New Delhi
    ^^^Viny: There is a limit in Fiat First for the distance under coverage from the nearest dealership/service centre. IIRC, you need to pay additional charges if the vehicle is stranded at a location which is outside the coverage area. I believe our friend figured that the charges for towing the vehicle for 300 kms distance would have been substantial and that he could get it done locally if the parts could be sourced.
  8. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Vijay , do check if the sump has been sealed well to the engine. Keep checking periodically. Make sure there are no leaks and the sump is as dry as it can be.

While fixing a sump this is the only point worth looking at. Even the dealers can screw this thing. The rest should be fine.

Gurjinder.
  9. vivek_lko

vivek_lko Amatore

Noida
    Does this breakage of oil sump indicate that the metal plate or the engine guard is not meant for protecting the sump . I remember taking my car through some loose pebbles and really really bad patch while going from delhi to kausauni. There were small stone hitting the bottom and occasional khank-khank sound but I was not worrying since I thought that the plate is there. However now I feel I was playing with Fire ::pP . If it does not protect the sump then what is the metal plate meant for ?
  10. It protects the underbody against Pebbles not against big THUDS or CRATER WALKS:D