1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

I am well aware of these cases, the point is the manufactures recalled faulty cars in-spite of such huge numbers.
    For the sake of more numbers If you search this forum itself you will find n number of cases on Rust alignment / other failures .
    Fiat who are selling 2k odd cars a month could have handled the issue better by proactively accepting and recalling faulty cars.
    I do not buy the argument that FIAT has less failure rate \ QC issues as compared to others in India.

Sorry for the OT posts.

P.S.I hope the AC issue is just a O-ring failure and gets resolved easily.And FIAT realizes, the failure and recalls faulty cars pro-actively .
  2. rsinfo

rsinfo Regolare

New Delhi
    If your a/c doesn't drip in high humidity, either the a/c is defective or the water pipe is blocked.
  3. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

M A N U , it'll serve you well to remember that FIAT recalled cars for AC and CSC upgrades. And if need be, i'm pretty sure they'll do a recall for these O Rings also.

We are not fanboys here. But we need to look at everything from a broader perspective.

The real fanboys prefer another manufacturer, who i do not wish to name.

4. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Who has put this argument? If you conclude this by reading any post, it means either you are not reading full text or I am not conveying it properly.
    No body is telling Fiat cars have less problems, all is said is the issue with clash's car looks simple, and this type of mistakes do happen, even with best quality control companies. If somebody recalls doesn't mean their quality control is better.
  5. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

I very well remember the earlier recalls now what are they waiting for? Till 1000 out of the 2000 cars sold report this issue?
    I never mentioned fan boyism .
    and as you mentioned" But we need to look at everything from a broader perspective. " is what i wanted to convey from my first post itself
    A failure is a failure the sooner FIAT and all of us accept the better .

I am have read all your post very carefully .
    and i will say it again AC failure is not a minor issue in a 2-3 month old car.
    If there is a failure the manufacturer needs to recall the faulty product at the earliest .

I hope you guys understand my view from a FIAT loyalist and owner point of view.

I do not want to extent this argument any longer and am not going to post anything else in this thread .

And i am sorry if i have offended anyone here.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  6. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Buddy ur anger is justifiable..But!! You u also need to know that many guys from this forum itself were saved just bcuz they were driving a FIAT..If FIAT had to compromise on quality the first thing they wud do is cost cutting on sheet metal..FIAT had a recall for CSC and AC upgrade which is really very appreciable..Can HONDA/Maruti/Hyundai risk a recall??? A BIG NO!! Im no Fanboy here but just appreacting for what FIAT is doing right now for its customers..Can u tell me if u mail the CEO of other brands do they reply?? I have Mr.Rajeev Kapoor personally relpyin to me..which was very assuring to me..It's just an O-ring my frend..Even i've faced gas leak issues just one month after the AC upgrade..Just enjoy ur car..And FIAT is all about passion and driving :) TC!!
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

My vehicle was taken to TASS today. I opted for the pick up and drop facility offered from prerana. Have not got the car back yet, but the SA informed, all issues have been fixed. Waiting to get the car and check if everything is ok.
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2011
  8. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Ok, the vehicle was taken for repair and got it back with a working A/C. Anyway TASS has managed to do a shoddy job again as they touched up some scratches that were on the bumper and the body. It looks like someone smeared paint on their hand and moved it over the car body and they claim it to be touched up. The paint work looks quite pathetic.

The other issue is that i have been provided an Invoice in which they mention, the whole bumper has been replaced. I am yet to have a detailed talk about this to SA. To top it all, a moron calls from the dealer and says, please dont give a bad rating to tata if they call you to check how the service was. I opted for the pick up and drop service from them but that led to all these problems. If i was in service center i could have confronted them about the invoice then and there.

I am planning to call this Service manager and give him a piece of my mind tomorrow. I have already taken my vehicle 3 times to TASS within my 3 odd months of ownership. Let us see how this is shaping up.

Will upload the invoice pic so that some from here can throw light on what is in it. My knowledge is quite limited :(
  9. vijay

vijay Timido

mobil chamber damaged.

i purchased punto 1.4 e+ on 31st may 2011 from guwahati. on 21st June a very unfortunate incident happened with me. while driving to my office a very big stone came downside to car due to my fault. a thud sound came and after some time a message "insufficient engine oil pressure, stop engine" displayed on mid. i stop the car. after coming out of car i saw mobil coming from downside. engine was very hot and all the mobil had drained. i did not start the engine. anyhow i pulled the car to a nearby garrage. after inspection mechanic told me it can be repaired with replacement of new mobil chamber. i called the dealer. they told to bring the car at their workshop which is impossible because it is 300km away. also road condition is very bad in this area. should i go for repairing work by local mechanic after procurement of new parts. please guide me.
  10. varunrtr

varunrtr Esperto

KL-01/ TO
    Grande Punto 1.3
    mobil chamber !! i m not getting you. it must be the oil sump !!! you can buy it from dealer and fix it by a local mechanic also !
    but aint the sump protected under the body ?