1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    I have quite a few number of Linea and T-Jets with gas leak as a result of the faulty O-ring. Most of them (infact almost all of them) were manufactured in March 2011. Seems like the batch of O-rings received by FIAT for March turned out to be with lots of faulty O-rings.

@Clash81- This O-ring is a trivial issue though the inconvenience it causes is huge. Take your car to the TASS and get a new O-fing and gas filled. I am quite certain that the culprit here is the O ring although final accurate diagnosis can be made only by the guy checking the car physically.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  2. jishnu

jishnu Superiore

Bangalore
    Even my car was of the same lot!! It just takes 10 mins to replace it.
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Same here with my 1.2 Emotion Punto :)
  4. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    Why should the customer be bother who makes O rings and whose fault it is?
    I bought a product from FIAT , so as far as i am concerned its a failure on fiats part .
    They already have a tiny market share in the market , and people buying their products are made to suffer like this.
    FIAT need to get its act together or history will repeat itself.There is no excuse for such lapses in basic quality control.
  5. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3
    M A N U, I think what Gurjinder wants to convey is that it is quite hard for a manufacturer to predict whether a batch of parts received from the manufacturer is faulty or not until reports of it's failure start pouring in. A batch of O-Rings provided to FIAT in March 2011 seems to be defective here. They couldn't have predicted it beforehand unless there were obvious physical malformations. The O-Rings in question are just failing very easily in ""some"" (not all) March 2011 made cars.
  6. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    @MANU, your anger is understandable, but you also need to understand this happens everywhere.
    If quality control can resolve all the issue, you will not hear so many recalls worldwide. Mistakes do happens and thing you have to see if they are rectifying or not.
    I am sure on internet you can find issues with all manufacturers, some are more serious issue and no fixes from manufacturers.

I am not saying this should not annoy someone facing the issue, but sametime one need to understand these happens with mechanical parts, everywhere.

Let us not be the fortune teller for Fiat. So many has given this prediction in past, but proved wrong.
    Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  7. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    I have not heard of so many failures from any manufacturer who sells in 50-75 times what FIAT is selling at present.
    A failure is a failure let us not try to justify it.
    Even after so many cases of AC failure in the last 2 months they have not accepted it and recalled cars sold in this period.
    And i am not trying to be a fortune teller , market share is already on the decline since the launch of new models .
    If they want to survive they need to put proper QC in place.
  8. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    I under stand what he is saying , but if the manufacturer knows there is a problem with some particular lot of part.Then they could recall all cars that have been manufactured using these.
    Why is everybody being so defensive ?
    If we as a fiat community do not highlight these problems then who will.
    I am sure FIAT is following this forum closely , we need to convey such issues strongly , that is the only way we can help them succeed in India.
  9. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Bangalore
    Grande Punto 1.3
    Search, you would get answer. For 2 biggest seller in India -
    For Maruti - Read these -
    http://articles.timesofindia.indiat...88420_1_diesel-cars-maruti-suzuki-swift-dzire
    http://living.oneindia.in/automobiles/auto-news/2010/maruti-suzuki-a-star-recall-240210.html
    For Hyundai - Search with steering rattle and AC issue. You will find enough.

No body is justifying this, problem is a problem, and need fix. But this is not a QC blunder, which will put company at risk.

Anyway, let us not divert the discussion from clash81 issue. He got an issue and he needs to visit to service center to get it fixed. Everybody is saying its minor issue and can be fixed easily.
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    I am obviously frustrated about this. I am trying to keep my mind away from this.

It’s sad, but I think there should be some acceptance from the crowd who are arguing vehemently for Fiat. True, the O-rings were supplied by someone else. True, they wouldn't have come to know this, until someone drove the vehicle and sorts. What is the point, here I am sitting, thinking, if my choice went wrong. In general, this feeling wouldn't help the brand at all, in the long run.

In general, I am very happy with the vehicle but I have been to TASS 3 times already as mentioned above. The alignment issue was probably carelessness at the dealer's end and the linkrod issue was because of some serious inexperienced driving from me. (I have some friends who drive their vehicle rough and quite careless; none of them seemed to have an issue of this kind though). But, this completely blow out of AC within 3 months is not at all acceptable.

If a friend of mine is planning to buy this vehicle, i would let him know both sides of the coin. I am sure; they might have a rethink about committing such money on this vehicle.

With the very few numbers that they are churning out, I am sure people in the plant have better time to take care of each unit that is being fixed and churned out. It simply is not happening, as we can see far too many glitches in the very few numbers that are being rolled out.

Oh yes, i dont negate the fact that you find a lot of problems with other cars if you search the internet. Well, that's an alibi i am holding on to pacify me.