1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks for the reassuring reply.

It could be a minor issue, but i don't expect this to happen from a car that i paid a bomb for. If many guys on this forum went through the same ordeal, i would say it is utter recklessness from FIAT that they aren't making sure such glitches happen further. This is sad. I am starting to doubt about my choice :eek:
  2. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yea, does seem to be a case of a gas leakage as Aaron has pointed out.

Sad to hear it has occured but rectifying it shouldn't be a issue. Is your Punto manufactured in March?

Gurjinder.
  3. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Chill out buddy...Happends..It's a car afterall, a machine..Even Ferraris and BMW's have issues..No car if perfect..Problems come in our way so v just solve them and move on..No need to be so tensed bout it..Enjoy ur car :)
  4. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    DMZ - Its an April make!
  5. M A N U

M A N U Amatore

Bangalore
    My brothers 2 month old MJD active also has the same problem, AC not cooling at all since 2 days all of a sudden.
    Really pathetic QC from fiat
  6. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Punjab
    Yes, the liability is on FIAT , but if the O-Ring supplier provides a batch of faulty o-rings with a high probability of failing ,then the manufacturer can correct them only when reports start coming in of AC leakages .

So for April and March manufactured cars , now and +- 15 days is the time when reports would've started coming regularly and i'm sure someone would've been pulled up for it.

Had there been a faulty quality check , cars would've been shipped with non working AC's. But since these rings are failing after some amount of use , so FIAT could not have known that they would fail.

Gurjinder.
  7. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Pathetic is an understatement. it is outright awful.

anyway, i hope i can drive the car without switching on the A/C.
  8. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

Mulund/Mumbai
    Completely Safe...no worries...
  9. royj

royj Esperto

Trivandrum
    It did drip on my previous Santro and does on my Punto as well.. It is normal
  10. clash81

clash81 Regolare

Bangalore
    Thanks aaron. Will fix an appointment with TASS and will take the vehicle to them (again) .