1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. gurjinder

gurjinder Staff Member Janitor

Dude , take the car to the dealer .

Yes there is a crude way of checking gas by pressing a valve just like we check the air in a tire, but that will not yield the real reason behind non-performance of your AC.

Your car is in warranty and there should be no charges out of your pocket. Don't worry, TFIans wont let you be fooled by the dealer. Just keep in touch with us.;)

2. Advait Samant

Advait Samant

Thnx gurjinder for responding.

I took the car to dealer. The techincian said, they need to fill the gas and change washers(? i guess washers is what he said!!!) In fact as per him, this is very common problem in new linea and cannot be detectected in PDI...

And time it will take to fix... 10am to 4 pm. :eek: They have asked me drop car in morning and pick in eve...
  3. kedarbendre

kedarbendre Esperto

MH 12
    Which Linea you have Diesel or Petrol?

If petrol did you upgraded your AC kit FOC?
  4. gurjinder

I reckon he meant the notorious O-Rings which have caused a lot of these AC problems.

One member here mentioned that the replacement took around 15 mins of the O ring when when the gas leaked from his AC system. So 6 hours is a lot of time if the malady is the same. Anyways, the issue is not that serious and your car will be back to normal.

EDIT - Kedar bhai , he has June 2011 Linea. So no need for an AC upgradation
    Last edited: Jun 14, 2011
  5. Sri

Sri Novizio

Do all AC cars drip condensation water on road?

A curious question- After driving for a while with A/C on, i do see water dripping down. The curious part is that I do not see this with other non-fiat cars around in the parking lot.. is this normal..?
  6. J Ravi

J Ravi Esperto

It is condensation [atmospheric moisture getting condensed, collected and drained out], which is normal, in fact, it should happen. It had happened in my previous vehicle [MS Versa] and now happens in my Linea.
    Last edited: Jun 15, 2011
  7. gurjinder

It is absolutely normal in every car which has an AC.

Only when it is not falling is a matter of concern. Then most probably you'll find the floor carpet wet and smelly :p

8. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Mods Note- Thread moved to minor issues and questions sub forum. Take a minute to select the appropriate sub forum before posting.

Sri, I have changed the thread title as the old thread title was highly misleading. How do you expect a future member to search for the appropriate thread if you just name the thtead as "Linea AC".
  9. clash81

clash81 Regolare

A/C not working in Punto MJD

I have to say i am feeling pretty awful now. This could be the 3rd time, i will be visiting TASS after i got my car on April 27th. While the first one was for a very bad alignment problem, the second was for a loose linkrod.

Now, the worst seems to have descended upon me. A/C has gone kaput. Today morning i was off to office and i noticed that the A/C is not cooling anymore. More over a hissing sound is coming. Called up the SA and asked, what could be the issue and he says, it could be gas leakage.

Whatever it may be, i already have had 2 visits to the service station within my 2 odd months of ownership. I am wondering, how many more i will have to make. :(
  10. pioneeraaron

pioneeraaron Superiore

The hissing sound is always suspected to be a gas leak from the compressor..Get it rectified from TASS..its a minor issue and wud be carried out under warranty...Nuthin to worry about..many guys from this forum have faced gas leak issue but got it rectified satisfactorily..