1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. never mind. drive slowly to the workshop.
    or talk to those guys and get a trailer with which the car car can be transported??
    also get the wiring checked..
    i feel its the sensors part though.
  2. mkm2010

mkm2010 Novizio

I drove to the service center. And after checking through software, ABS sensor of right front wheel is found problematic. It need to be replaced. But they don't have it in stock. So placed order. And again it will take 7 to 70 days. Anyway as per the service supervisor car can be driven without any problem. But one thing couldn't understand, if the ABS sensor is out, then whether ABS will actually remain in service or not? As per the supervisor ABS is in service, only the feedback is not showing as one sensor got damaged. But during hard breaking my car is skidding, irrespective of the surface. Experts!! need your opinion.
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  3. royj

royj Esperto

In my understanding of ABS, it will not work if the sensor is not working. The ECU has to get the input from sensor to detect that the wheel is skidding and then kick the ABS into action. As long as it doesn't get that information, ABS will remain off.
  4. yeah abs will not work without the sensor.
    drivve safe..
    be carefull..
    if the abs is not working even the esp would not work..
    be careful.. if i am not wrong both have the same sensor.

EDIT: ravi this is common.some times these sensors go awry.. that is no issue. even merc sometimes gets these problems.

first telll them to try after cleaning the sensors. the dust which gets accumulated sometimes causes these problems. and these TASS take us for a ride telling they got new sensors which infact are the same ones removed from the car and cleaned
    Last edited: May 26, 2011
  5. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    I would suggest to escalate to Fiat, for proper tracking from them.
  6. Car Central Locking (Punto Active)

Hi, My 2010 Punto active bought in South Africa, is an Indian built car and a very nice car at that but with no central locking, we had aftermarket kit installed but it gives a lot of problems as it is a local brand and not reallt made for the Fiat locking system. Can anyone here tell my how I can go about Buying the Kit that you have listed. I will do a transfer of credit card payment and will pay for shipping.

Car Central Locking (Punto Active) - Part Number:59116853 | 9985.16 | 8490 |
  7. Kannan_Marg

I have installed a Xenos Lifetime warranty kit (a Pricol group company) for my Punto Active and is working fine. Hope you can buy the kit online. However not sure about installation capability in SA. Just email to Xenos and find it out.

Sorry, forgot to mention. I understand from our Chennai Fiat dealer that FIAT themselves have come up with Central locking Kit for Active models (though expensive)
    Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2011
  8. Ravi

Ravi Staff Member Janitor

Grande Punto 1.3
    Yes the part number mentioned is correct and price is also correct - Rs. 8490.

Isn't this available in SA?
    Last edited: May 27, 2011
  9. My lines emotion just became emotional, only throwing HOTTT air out of AC

This happened all of a sudden.
    I parked my car for 15 mins, when I came back, all it did was throw really hot air out of the A/C.
    Have to go to the service center again. I just got my car back 2 days ago :(
    Is there anything that I can do besides taking it to the service center???
  10. airfoil

airfoil Novizio

Find the valve in the AC pipes from where the gas is filled. It is similar to a valve found on a tyre. Use a toothpick or something similar to check for pressure of the AC gas - if the gas shoots out with great pressure then it is not a gas leak (a common problem). If there's only a bit of pressure then off you go to the SC to get the gas and the rubber 'O' ring gasket replaced.
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2011