1. Introducing the smashing new Team FIAT T-Shirt !! To order yours click here : Team FIAT T-Shirt

Headlamp upgrade - Yes or No?

Discussion in 'Electrical Systems' started by Chakra, Jun 1, 2010.

1. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum
    Re: Newer Puntos do not have tweeters?

@Grandeur. When was your Punto manufactured? Can we check it ourselves - if the wiring & tweeters exist? I am afraid to pry open the tweeter cover. :-?

Its just adjacent to the interior door opening lever. A perforated triangle shaped plastic cover.

I think 4 + 2 was advertised initially. Now only 4 speakers are advertised now. So wondering if it indeed not given
  2. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum

Yesterday I pried open the tweeter cover... only to find an empty hollow. No tweeter :-( . I think 2010 models do not have tweeters.
  3. Chaos

Chaos Regolare

cost cutting??
  4. NAREN64

NAREN64

COIMBATORE

After seeing this thread I checked the same in my Linea Dynamic Pack MJD - Novemner 2009, only the connecting wire were there no tweeters. Will have to check up with Fiat.
  5. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Grandeur, this is news!! I would love to find out if at all those wires are attached to the tweeters in my car. Maybe next time, we both meet, you could listen to the output and let me know.

Cheers,
    Vroom
  6. VahanPujari

VahanPujari Staff Member Janitor

Mumbai

Naveen

Just put your hand/ plam/ fingers on tweeters & increase volume of music. If it gives some vibrations, Tweeters are working. Thats how we found in Sandeep's Punto (our 1st meeting, :) ).

BTW, my Linea's tweeters give vibrations !! (i.e. they're very much there, connected & working)
  7. Vroom

Vroom Amatore

Mumbai

Oh great! Thanks VP. Will try that, simple and effective :)

Cheers,
    Naveen
  8. redtux

redtux

Trivandrum

I dont think checking for vibrations is the best method. Even i felt vibrations on the tweeter cover. But there is no tweeter. Since the speaker is on the same door there will be vibrations. You can open the cover easily with your hands (and close back also) .
  9. Gmittal

Gmittal Amatore

Yesterday I checked my car and yes it has tweeters installed.
  10. PaddleShifter

PaddleShifter Staff Member Janitor

Chandigarh
    Grande Punto 1.3

Leave aside tweeters for cost cutting. New GPs don't even have Blue&Me sticker anymore. I think it looks cool to have one on the rear. And no Ashtray. Though i don't smoke but the ashtray comes very handy to keep coins meant for paying the parking guys. One can get ash tray from after market but what about the sticker? ::V
    :boxer